Remember me
Lost Password Register

Scuba diving group hosting happy hour Sat. April 11 @ 5:00 PM
03-23-2009, 08:14 PM,
Scuba diving group hosting happy hour Sat. April 11 @ 5:00 PM
The local members of SingleDivers.com are getting together on Saturday, April 11, 2009 for food, adult beverages & lots of dive talk! All scuba divers looking for dive buddies or even wanting to learn to dive are welcome to join us. Where: O'Gara's Bar & Grill, 164 Snelling Ave. North, St. Paul, MN 55104 Time: 5:00pm - ??

p.s. This is not a dating group...our hookups are to tanks!

If you want to join us, please send a reply to angels@singledivers.com so we can get a head count!
03-31-2009, 12:48 PM,
Re: Scuba diving group hosting happy hour Sat. April 11 @ 5:00 PM

I wanted to add a quick update. This event is posted on other sites and right now there are over a dozen people planning on attending, about half are from Singledivers. We're hoping to schedule more local events so if you can't make this one, stay posted. Everyone is welcome.

Lynn
03-31-2009, 01:44 PM,
Thanks for posting the invite!

Unfortunately for me, I was already committed to something or I'd come out and meet new folks.

Let us know when the next one gets scheduled.
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
03-31-2009, 03:58 PM,

Too bad, we could use more guys. The majority of the group are women.  :Smile

We're also collecting items to ship to deployed divers in uniform and other folks in the military - Operation Care and Share. You can find more details by searching on Care and Share at Singledivers.com.

Operation Care & Share items:
Cash, to help defray the shipping costs ($11.95 per box)
Magazines
Baby Wipes (thin cases from Wal-Mart)
Hard candy
Gallon-sized Ziploc bags
Beef jerky
Q-tips
Chapstick
games
DVD's
Music CD's
Drink mix powder (single serving packets)
Gatorade powder mix
Playing cards and small portable games
School supplies for Iraqi children
04-01-2009, 07:21 AM,
I'm going to stop by for a beverage and a chance to meet other divers.

Lets get some of the other Crosby divers to stop by too...  we all need this....

maxfactor 

04-01-2009, 10:42 AM,

That'd be great, we'd love to have you. If you want to give me a head count or post here I can make sure all are accounted for. I need to confirm space with O'Gara's.

Lynn
04-01-2009, 11:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-01-2009, 11:44 AM by Terry.)
[quote author=MAXFACTOR link=topic=5343.msg29377#msg29377 date=1238592113]
I'm going to stop by for a beverage and a chance to meet other divers.

Lets get some of the other Crosby divers to stop by too...  we all need this....

maxfactor 

Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
04-01-2009, 11:52 AM,

Whoops I booze'd up the quote!

Max is right! We all need a more centralized system, for both diving and non diving events here in MN, that is not contingent upon a specific dive shop. I cant make this event but would like to make the next one. Lynn deserves a round of applause, along with that round of beers for setting this up! Thanks Gal!      T
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
04-01-2009, 03:56 PM,
Well, maybe you should cut back on the booze ("booze'd").  :o

And here I was thinking maxfactor was refering to a beer or a night out.

Thanks for the responses guys, appreciate it.

L.
04-02-2009, 04:36 PM,

Whoops!
                                Maybe, Max WAS thinking of the beers or a night out, didn't mean to poach your thought process Max, or load Lynn up with organizing dive get togethers forever in MN, wow maybe, I was screwed up, and I was at work, good thing I just cleared that drug test. My bad, better stay focused at work, my apologies to you both!  ??? :Smile