Remember me
Lost Password Register

Drying Rack
03-29-2009, 03:12 PM,
Drying Rack
I searched the forum and didn't find anyone else with a drying rack design so I came up with something of my own.  I don't have a basement with a cement floor and drain or a very large garage so my gear ends up drying in the bathtub.  I chose something that could fit in the tub and hold two bc's, two wetsuits and an assortment of other gear.  I also wanted it to disassemble so I could take it on camp and dive weekends.  If anyone is interested in dimensions PM me.

03-29-2009, 08:42 PM,
Re: Drying Rack
That is a nice rack. Do you happen to have the plans for it, or did you just free hand it?
03-30-2009, 05:35 PM,
Thats very cool ;D
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
03-30-2009, 06:05 PM,
Very Nice! What was the price tag on the materials?
04-15-2009, 11:51 AM,
It came to around $40 total.  I haven't decided what to put it in yet though.  I currently have a heavy duty trash bag but I'm considering either an under-bed tupperware container or possibly a canvas tent bag.
04-15-2009, 07:58 PM,
I was diving at Crosby last summer and one of the guys from Rochester had a "Supersize" version that he had in a Cordura case that someone had made for him!

A heavy duty Mesh Screen may work well for a bag too, something that will let dirt and moisture out but keep all the parts in!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
08-24-2009, 11:27 AM,
Segundo3000GT,

I finally got around to making one. It works great. I use it in the garage, so I made it a little larger. I also added a rack for hanging accessory items. Thanks again for sharing your plans.

08-25-2009, 07:07 AM,
You think Victoria's Secret would approve of this drying rack?

I am sick of looking at the "Little Woman's" bras and panties hanging over the shower curtain.

Dave Torry
St. Cloud
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
08-25-2009, 12:12 PM,

Awesome.  Good to hear that someone got some use out of it.  I'll be going on a camp and dive weekend with Air Down There in a couple of weeks so I'm looking forward to testing it out.