Remember me
Lost Password Register

SD&T Wed. Fun Dive 7/2
07-02-2003, 07:34 AM,
Re:SD&T Wed. Fun Dive 7/2
Surface readings sound like the optimal way to me. I really like mixelpix's idea of the 3D map...in a way it'll be kinda funny looking due to the relative consistant depths for each UW objects out there. Let's go for it and see how it turns out.
07-02-2003, 08:04 AM,
Could someone bring the measuring device out (tape) in case we want to measure the stuff we forgot the last time??? (I think we used Darin's big yellow tape reel)

Thanks...Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
07-02-2003, 09:28 AM,
I think Darrin has a tape in his car. I'll ask him to bring it. I had another idea. If we put the GPS in a float and set it to track our path, we could swim along the lines and get an accurate read on the entire circuit, lines and all. No meaurements required, no compass angles, ect.
Scuba Dive and Travel<br />4423 Nicollet Ave. So.<br />Minneapolis, MN 55419<br />612-823-7210<br />www.scubadiveandtravel.com<br />scubadivetravel@qwestoffice.net
07-02-2003, 12:40 PM,
I have a waterproof GPS as well, like has been said, I think leaving the GPS at the surface is our best bet.

I was thinking (usualy a bad thing) maybe theres a way to combine a dive log from someones computer with the log from the gps and get a 3D map from that. both depth and direction.

like rich said too, then theres no need to measure either, as long as you keep the float from wandering too far off.
07-02-2003, 01:47 PM,
Here is a method for correcting depth and direction of flag from the diver. The guy did a good job of setting this up.

I have been meaning to give this a try.

JoelW
07-03-2003, 09:05 AM,
It was a great night for the jetfighter lessons. Richard it was totally cool!!! Thanks…
Scooters adds a whole new fun to diving, I felt like a kid that had just learned how to ride a bicycle. Big Grin
It was to bad that the night dive was called off because of the lightning show we had over the western side of square. It was a great evening other wise just out talking with all of you.

Chips-Ahoy 8)
07-03-2003, 10:11 AM,
Chips-Ahoy wrote:
It was a great night for the jetfighter lessons. Richard it was totally cool!!! Thanks…

Congrats on the skootering!!! I could here you buzzing all around us. Sure beats using leg-powered paddle devices. I am glad we did *NOT* nite dive with that lightning getting just too close. I did not want to look like an over-cooked brat!!!

Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH