Remember me
Lost Password Register

This looks sweet!
05-12-2009, 11:33 AM,
This looks sweet!

Any one ever dove this before?
I have to check this out.  No themoclines, air temp does not effect water temp.  Over 100 of vis and diving year round.
05-12-2009, 12:42 PM,
Re: This looks sweet!
I've been considering it for some time but the idea of being lead around like a child turns me off. I'd prefer to get a dive slate with a map and swim it with a buddy.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
05-12-2009, 01:14 PM,
The link doesn't seem to be working - what is it?
05-12-2009, 03:26 PM,
Bonne Terre Mine
05-12-2009, 05:54 PM,
I dove there last year, it was cool but we did not have 100ft vis. Lot of ran before we went clouded it up but it was realy cool. 58 degrees all the time. You realy would want a guide or you would miss a ton of stuff. I will go back soon, I only saw 4 of the 24 trails. 8)
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
05-12-2009, 11:35 PM,
I agree on getting led around like cattle!
Try the link again later or do a search Bonne Terre Mine in Missouri.
I wanna see if I can get a group together and go.  What did you do for lodging?  Also, how was the service.  Also hear they are somewhat strict, they need to see your dive logs and see how well you can do.  By the looks of this area, looks a little technical.
05-13-2009, 07:58 AM,
I went a couple of years ago with Seaya Diving.  The guide provides you information about what you're going to see on your dive to give you a better idea what you're looking at.  The mine is divided into a bunch of "caverns", though I use the word caverns loosely because there are no enclosed areas that you can't ascend to the surface.  The guide primarily leads you from one cavern to the next along a series of pre-planned paths they've set up but you have freedom to look around at whatever intrigues you in each area.  I remember visibility being about as good as any dive I've done in the Caribbean.  I plan to head back at some point and I would recommend it.
05-25-2009, 12:25 PM,
I told some people about it at the Dive Club and the said they were going down there for a wedding.  If they would have known sooner they would have dove it.  But they took the boat tour and said it was awesome.  I read an article in a dive magazine and it looked very cool!