Remember me
Lost Password Register

Newbie who wants to learn to Scuba!!!
03-13-2003, 02:51 PM,
Newbie who wants to learn to Scuba!!!
My wife and I did a resort course in Grand Cayman two weeks ago and I loved it. Dande (my wife) got alittle nervous when she was on the bottom at 21 feet ( sunset) forr me to clear my ears and the instructor took her to the surface. On the surface he said she looked ok and she ageed she could go down again, but said she did not want to hold things up. So she got on the boat. What a great time down there, I guess just breathing underwater was accomplishment!!!
When i returned to the boat Dande had a big smile on her face!!!

Afew days later Dande said she would stay on the beach while I went out to dive the Chubb Hole on the eastside. This time I got to go down to 40 feet and see schools of 4-5 foot tarpen and swim through caverns. I am hook!!!
At the present time I am looking at dive shop so Dande and I can get certified. I know Dande would get alot more comfortable with more time in a "real" class. I hope so!!!
As we own a timeshare in the Caymans with a dive shop located right there, it only mkes sense to do 2 tank dives in the morning and sit on the beach in the afternon!!!!
Just wanted you all to know there will be two more dives in MN sometime this year.

Ronder

03-13-2003, 02:57 PM,
Re:Newbie who wants to learn to Scuba!!!
Awesome! Glad you found the site... looking forward to hearing the progress you two make. Keep your eyes on the Diving Get Togethers section to see where people are going, it's always a good time. Most people here are comfortable diving with 'newbies' as well, so don't let that deter you from coming.

Welcome!
Chris
03-13-2003, 03:18 PM,
I am glad you found us.
Welcome to the list !!!!

Jean ;D
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
03-13-2003, 03:38 PM,
Welcome to the board! ;D
03-13-2003, 05:07 PM,
Hey Ronder,
If that was your and your wifes first time under the water with scuba or otherwise, don't be disheartned when you drop into a Minnesota Lake or quarry, at -40' it will be a little darker than the water in the Caymans, but, you dive Minnesota, you dive anywhere much easier!
Welcome to the board.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
03-14-2003, 07:07 PM,
Hey there! Glad to see you found your way to the forum. You will find that the people here share your new found enthusiasm for diving and will be a great help when it comes to answering your questions and concerns. Welcome to the board.
Scott Wemyss<br />Air Down There SCUBA <br />9 East Little Canada Road<br />Little Canada, MN 55117<br />(651) 482-0977<br />www.airdownthere.com<br />airdownthere@msn.com