Remember me
Lost Password Register

Underwater Video Camera
05-29-2009, 05:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2009, 05:53 PM by Griggs.)
Underwater Video Camera
Are there any underwater video cameras that aren't really expensive? I found a underwater camcorder that was $399 but it was only good for 3-5 ft deep.

I have a Nikon D90, but the housings I've seen are expensive.

I've also seen these Sea Life cameras...

Thanks.
05-29-2009, 06:05 PM,
Re: Underwater Video Camera
Some of the newer point & shoot digital cameras have decent video -- even HD quality.  You could probably match a camera and housing together for $500.  But that won't include tray, arms, and video lights.  You could check out a forum like wetpixel.com to see if anyone is trying to sell their older video gear. 
--Jason
05-29-2009, 09:16 PM,
if you're looking for El Cheapo, tak a look at the Flip Ultra - there's a housing for it that you can find cheap if you're not in a big hurry (I haven't actually taken mine underwater yet, but plan to this summer!)  they also have an HD model now that might be worth looking at...  could probably supplement with a decent HID canister light and get better results.
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
05-30-2009, 01:28 PM,
Wow that might be exactly what I'm looking for. I'd maybe get something else in a few years if I really got into it, but this might be a great place to start. I found the HD one Amazon for less than $200 and the housing looks less than $20.

Let me know how yours turns out, I'd really like to see some video from it!