Remember me
Lost Password Register

Latest Message from LMA
06-11-2010, 02:08 PM,
Latest Message from LMA
Dear Diver & Boat Captains,

The 9th Annual Lake Clean Up is only a day away!  I want to remind everyone of a few things:

- Parking is located across the street from Maynards and the Bayview Event Center.  The parking lot is marked "Bayview Parking."

- A complimentary continental breakfast will be provided by The Bayside Grille for divers and boat captains.  Bayside will also provide coupons for attendees who stay for lunch after the event.

- The Lake Clean Up will only be cancelled due to weather if thunder and lightning are present.  If you are traveling a long distance to attend the Lake Clean Up, please take that into consideration.

- ALL BOATs launching tomorrow morning to participate in the Lake Clean Up are required to launch at Gray's Bay between 6:30AM and 7:30AM and be inspected before launching. Boats and trailers will be inspected for visible, attached vegetation and zebra mussels, then the operators will be asked to demonstrate their boats, trailers and other equipment are completely dry or completely drained. This is required by our special event permit granted by the Lake Minnetonka Conservation District and applies to all participating boats not permanently stored on Lake Minnetonka (including boats used only on Lake Minnetonka, but not stored directly on the lake). The Grays Bay launch is located at the E. side of Gray's Bay; Hwy 101 to Gray's Bay Blvd E to site entrance.

- ALL BOATS that participated in the Prior Lake Clean Up on 6/5/10 are prohibited from participating in this event on Lake Minnetonka

Dive equipment requirements as part of our AIS Prevention Plan:

- The removal of aquatic plants, animals and mud from all scuba diving equipment.

- The draining of water from your buoyancy compensator, regulator, tank boot, and other containers.

- The rinsing of the suit and the inside of the buoyancy compensator with hot water."

To comply with these requirements, we will ask the divers, upon arrival, to show their equipment and demonstrate it is completely dry or completely drained – we will provide a water hose to flush BC vests.  For divers' boats that are being launched at Grays Bay (between 6:30 and 7:30 am.), the inspector will inspect the boats and any divers' equipment being carried in the boats.

Thank you all for your participation and help in keeping Lake Minnetonka clean!

Event: The 9th Annual LMA Lake Clean Up

Date: Saturday, June 12, 2010 from 7:15 AM - 12:30 PM (CT)

687 Excelsior Blvd
Excelsior, MN 55331

For more information click here: The 9th Annual LMA Lake Clean Up
06-11-2010, 02:21 PM,
Re: Latest Message from LMA
There's an entire thread on this... did you really need to start another one?
The only thing I take seriously when it comes to diving is safety.
06-11-2010, 09:27 PM,
Re: Latest Message from LMA

+1  Dayam I miss ya Bunny