Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Minnetonka Cleanup
06-13-2009, 08:45 PM,
Lake Minnetonka Cleanup
Went to the cleanup today. ;D  Very nice day to dive the lake. 8)  Got to meet three very nice people in the process, and dive with them also.  Thanks to Terry,Matt, and Kristi.  I had a great time, and would dive with you again anytime . 8) 8) 8)

Oh ya, I almost forgot:  There was a lot of trash/treasures brought up during the cleanup.  Some nice prizes were given out also. Smile  Wink
06-13-2009, 08:53 PM,
Re: Lake Minnetonka Cleanup
What kind of water temp and vis did you have.
06-13-2009, 10:49 PM,
Vis wasn't the greatest.  We maybe had 5-10ft., and the water temp was 59'F.  Not a bad dive.  Will have to go back again to look for some more urban treasures. ;D
06-14-2009, 12:07 PM,
Thanks Robert for having us on your boat! I had a good dive even with the lower vis. Would definitely dive with you and Terry again ;D ;D ;D ;D

My computer registered a low temp of 56, but honestly I was warm the whole time in my 8-6-5 with hood and gloves. It was also a beautiful sunny and warm day Big Grin

I wonder where that video footage was going...LOL...Next year we will find more "treasure". If not maybe we will find some anchors-there sure were a lot of those.
The only thing I take seriously when it comes to diving is safety.
06-15-2009, 01:08 PM,
Sounds like a good time!  What did you guys and gals find?  Anything interesting?
06-15-2009, 09:28 PM,
TRASH,TRASH, AND MORE TRASH, and not a lot at all.  We must have cleaned that spot out last year. LOL.. Big Grin ;D 

Nothing worth keeping.  Will have to scout out a different spot for next year. 
06-16-2009, 08:16 PM,

Bob's right! The only "good finds" on Sat. were the people I met, on his boat! Theres still lots of good stuff on the bottom of tonka, just not in the spot we were at. I was just glad I waited till we were back at the vehicles to bust up the dash on Bob's boat, so as not to end up hull dragged out in the middle of the lake. ( Sorry about that one buddy!) Next time out on my boat on tonka, I'm thinking of bringing a bunch of "trash" from my house as seed for next years cleanup,,,,, rut-row, but the potential littering fine would suck, might end up needing a good attorney, well, if there is such a thing. Now that I have the coordinates to the wrecks on tonka, will have to put a run together on my boat, bringing with Bob, Kristi and Matt, ( a bitchen good group! I appreciate running with you) maybe even a few more friends, let me know if your interested.      T
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)