Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diving MN over the 4th,,,,,,,,,,,,
06-30-2009, 02:01 PM,
Diving MN over the 4th,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hey Everyone!
                      Looks like I'm not going to the mines this weekend, cant get my drysuit squared away by then, but am looking to do some diving over this coming weekend (and over my 29th anniversary of being certified) Yikes! where did those 3 decades go! Take my boat and do some day trips based on what we want to see, let me know if anyone's interested,,,,THANKS        Terry
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
06-30-2009, 03:15 PM,
Re: Diving MN over the 4th,,,,,,,,,,,,
Definitely going to be making a dive or two on Clearwater lake east of Clearbrook, MN. I've heard alot about Bad Medicine and am hoping to drive over for a day to explore. It's about an hour away and I guess there's a platform there too. The Dive Depot out of Bemidji uses it I guess.
06-30-2009, 03:24 PM,
Hey I'm still shooting for the pits Sat. or Sun. but I have Fri. off and would be up for a dive or two.
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
06-30-2009, 08:58 PM,
Terry, I have Friday off as well.  Lets go out and see if we can find some more wrecks.  I will bring my boat, and big dive flag this time.
06-30-2009, 09:07 PM,

Thanks Robert!
                                Right now that sounds like a bitchen good plan, lets find the rest of them! Thanks Buddy!      T
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
06-30-2009, 09:12 PM,

Bowman, I'd run with you, like to see those lakes myself, let me know what day your thinking,,,,,,,Terry
06-30-2009, 09:27 PM,
Terry,

Let me know what the plan is for Friday.  That will probably be the only day I will be able to get out this holiday weekend.

Let's try to get enough people together to make a two boat trip out of it.
07-01-2009, 09:02 AM,
Hey Terry,
Are you familiar with Bad Medicine at all? There's a divemaster in town that tells me it's a pretty awesome lake. I'm hoping to get over there on Friday, in the afternoon and it'd be fun to dive with somebody. I've been soloing all summer.
What mines are you guys talking about diving? That'd be alot of fun too.
07-01-2009, 11:20 AM,
Try the east side of Bad Medicine midways down the lake.  Lots of large boulders, and logs in 30 to 40 feet and usually copious quantities of trout tackle lost in same.

Just south of the access is a rock bar, but not usually such good diving there, plus more boat traffic.

It's normally full of crayfish too.  Plus, sometimes you can sneak up on eelpout and grab them as they snooze.
It’s good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.<br />~Mark Twain
07-01-2009, 11:29 AM,

Hey Bowman and Robert, I flipped a coin (4 times) and Minnetonka won out for Friday, dont know much about Bad Medicine, but have to give it to Tonka on the shear (ptp)  number of bikinis alone on a holiday weekend, ohhh, do correct me if I'm wrong though.  Bowman your welcome to join us as are Matt and Cristi, Doug and Peg, Lynn, Robert, and whoever else would like to come with, we'll load my and Roberts boats up to the point we sink them, and then we'll dive those too. Cant say for Roberts boat but, mine the, Sudden Impulse has a dandy history over the past 15 years, I think I could write a book about it, of course changing the names to protect those, both innocent and guilty.    Terry
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)