Remember me
Lost Password Register

Anyone up for a Full Moon Dive?
07-05-2009, 07:40 PM,
Anyone up for a Full Moon Dive?
Hey Everybody, how about going out and doing a night dive from Golden Acres on Tuesday July 7th?  Celebrate the full moon by seeing it from under water and having it's light shining the way!  I'm planning to be there about 7pm until ?? 
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
07-05-2009, 08:30 PM,
Re: Anyone up for a Full Moon Dive?
Wheres golden acres?
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
07-05-2009, 08:33 PM,
One of the two accessibe areas on Square Lake by Stillwater.  Depending on where you got certified, you may have done some diving there....
Coming from Manning Avenue and turning off on Square Lake trail, (about 4 or 5 miles) you come to Golden Acres and a couple hundred feet farther is Washington County Park.
07-05-2009, 08:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-05-2009, 08:43 PM by Terry.)
                           Hey Lisa!

I'm in! Was out diving with Robert on a couple more wrecks today on Tonka, the Hercules, (we were able to score the weight he lost diving with you) and the cabin cruiser, both a good time. See you there!
                                    Doug, Golden Acres is a private campground right next to the Washington Co park on Square Lake's west shore, the advantage to it is there is no HP limit for boats (like there is in the Co. park) and small docks to use to dive off, and a much more limited number of people on the beach. Dont know what they charge to get in but I remember its pretty cheap. Come out if you can make it!        Terry

Sorry Lisa, seems we were both responding to Doug at the same time ??? I do need to learn to type with more then one finger!
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
07-05-2009, 08:41 PM,
I was there in June for a training class and noticed that the charge to get in is now $5.50

Come out and have fun!
07-06-2009, 05:31 PM,
Wish I could make it but thats the other side of the world for me and I have to work the next day, we where supposed to be slow this week? Have fun!
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
07-08-2009, 03:42 PM,
The moon finally made it's appearance through clouds and tree tops about 10:45 after we were done diving, packed up and had enjoyed our refreshments after the very mellow dive.  The fish were all over, by the platforms, in the weeds.  The weather almost couldn't have been better.  Not to hot, not too cold, no rain!  No crowds of swimmers in the swim area. 
There was a Sheriff's dive team having a training at the Boat Launch area at County park.  We tried to stay out of their way.....
What a great dive!