Remember me
Lost Password Register

4th of July Dive
07-05-2009, 09:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2009, 11:19 AM by mcdiver.)
4th of July Dive
I was with a couple buddies from Marshall (Chad Olesch and John Ratliff) doing a night dive on Mahnomen II on the evening of the 4th of July.

We entered the water sometime around 11pm and made our way around the grassy area in search of fish, after 35 minutes of not seeing a whole lot, we decided to surface on an underwater point, it is there that we stood or floated in the water as we watched still more fireworks lightup the sky. It was a full moon, which made the fireworks viewing that much more awesome.

Althought there was not much to see that evening, the mere fact that the moom was full, the fireworks were spectacular, and I was doing what I love most with a couple buddies, made this dive rank near the top of my night dives.

We must not forget Jessica Przymus, although she did not join us on the night dive, she did enjoy a day of diving with us. On occasions, we might find Jessica slowly ascending to the surface after encountering a nice fish, but isn't that what scuba diving is all about? Life is not about how many breathe you take, but rather how many times it takes your breathe away. Way to go Jess!!!

Thanks Guys.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
07-06-2009, 03:40 PM,
Re: 4th of July Dive
Sounds like a good time.  Night dives with a clear sky and moon are awesome.