Remember me
Lost Password Register

some one selling old ship wreck stuff on craigs list
07-22-2009, 02:25 PM,
Re: some one selling old ship wreck stuff on craigs list

Roger that scubahaus. Welcome to the board!  8)  Looty says welcome as well!  ;D

Attached Files
.jpg   looty.jpg (Size: 76.97 KB / Downloads: 92)
07-22-2009, 02:32 PM,
Thanks Shooter!!! Sorry about my misunderstanding  :-\.
07-22-2009, 03:09 PM,

Apology not necessary! Enjoyed the banter.... Hope to see you out diving  ;D
07-22-2009, 10:08 PM,
Hey and speaking of bricks....I found a 2004 Smith Diving Treasure Hunt Brick in Square Lake this spring!  ;D
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
07-22-2009, 11:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-22-2009, 11:17 PM by Terry.)

I 've got to agree with you Robert, just when I was about to salvage a plumbing fixture to add to my basement bathroom remodel, some bastard stole it!
                          Hey Lisa, would that brick work well to send thru the window of a dive shop, of the next shop that goes belly up and screws fellow MN divers?
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
07-23-2009, 02:51 PM,
if your going to mension dive shop going belly up and cheating people, please name the shop so that we don't have to guess and name the wrong one.
grumpier........
11-03-2009, 01:04 PM,
While this is an old posting I wanted to say, "that I read all of the posts very carefully, and found them to be very interesting."

All sides of the debate if you will have very strong arguments and sound reasoning, I am still up on the fence, although I lean toward preservation. 

One of the things that get a lot of divers interested in diving is looking at the stuff "booty"  that has been recovered.  I'm told they're are hundreds of shipwrecks that have yet to be discovered.  When I was in Florida recently in the Key's, I found it very interesting how much stuff can be purchased, that would have gone to rust and never have been preserved.    Just about every dive shop in Florida has very cool stuff. 

Also,  I know some of the dive shops in Minnesota display some stuff from ships.  Presumably, they were found before the law changed. 

When I heard about Ken Merryman's most recent discovery 2+ years ago,  I asked myself, how many times did all of the charters go right over it and never saw or  pinged it with your underwater sonar detectors. 

Thank you Ken..    Also, you are the most famous explorer in Minnesota waters.  I hope someday to be able to see some better pictures of the stuff that is on the wreck.

Thank you all for your wisdom.

NICKI
LOVE SCUBA DIVERS THAT GO DEEP.   I personally can't go beyond 150, but maybe someday.