Remember me
Lost Password Register

June 14-15th
06-05-2003, 09:29 AM,
Re:June 14-15th
Thanks for the directions Fred...They sound very do-able. I will be there sometime early Saturday Morning.

Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
06-10-2003, 07:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-10-2003, 08:53 AM by freedivernd.)
O.K. - I re-read all the posts on who may or may not drive up.. I have about 5 or 6 for sures and the same questionable (maybe we're all a little questionable sometimes Wink ). I know some said to count them in but that was some time ago as I posted it quite early. Let's here some talk.. Smile I have good news, the weather here right now is crappy but the weekend forcast is great!! This system should move out and the new and better system should be here by Friday. I'm looking forward to lots and lots o' folks showing up.. sounds like the cabin will be kinda, sorta, empty of rellies (there's always a few in the bunch you know, wait a minute, I think that's how they refer to me ;D ).
Come on!!!
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
06-10-2003, 12:53 PM,
Hello.

My name is Chris Morris. I am new to this board, and new to the area. I was wondering if this is an open event? This would be a great way to meet other divers from the surrounding area.

I have my AoW cert.

;D

Chris

06-10-2003, 12:55 PM,
Chris, it is absolutely open. All the events posted on this forum are open. You are more than welcome to join us.
--Jason
06-10-2003, 01:00 PM,
Great to hear.

I will be up to the area saturday morning.

Who ever is taking the count up it by 1 and I may bring another along with me.

Chris

P.S. It will be good to dive again. I really miss being under water.

06-12-2003, 02:23 PM,
Fred, been out to the lakes lately? Any new updates on conditions etc. Are we still up for using the boat? I did my first boat dive last night at Square. Man did I ever suck at getting out of my gear in the water after the dive before getting back on the boat. I was starting to think Jason might get out the sea snips and cut my harness to get me untangled...LOL! Guess I need to practice on that. :Smile Big Grin
06-12-2003, 02:26 PM,
Say Lonnie: I made sure I was in a shallow enough area so we could sort of "stand-up" while de-gearing. So don't feel bad at all...

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
06-12-2003, 02:39 PM,
Yeah...I had never tried gearing up or taking my gear off in the water since getting the BP/Wing last fall. I had done it before with a Ranger and I kinda struggled with that too but the BP/Wing is a little more tricky especially when you are wearing a separate weight belt. What happened was I tried to first unclip the harness buckle and I accidently unclipped the weight belt buckle instead so it fell down and got tangled in the crotch strap. Good thing I wear my weight belt under the harness and crotch strap or I'd of lost my weight belt in the muck on the bottom.
06-12-2003, 02:45 PM,
Donning and removing gear in the water is a good skill to practice. It will come in handy when you are down in Coz diving off a little 6-pack.
--Jason
06-12-2003, 03:23 PM,
In my dreams buddy. Am I the only one on the board here who has never done a warm salt water dive? :Smile