Remember me
Lost Password Register

DUI "overlays"
07-16-2009, 07:48 PM,
Re: DUI "overlays"

I dove with Susan Long out in the Channel Islands of Calif.  on a liveaboard called the "Peace" years back when her father Dick, was still at the helm of DUI. She wore my (all black) Nokia drysuit in the group photo (of ALL DUI suits) just to pimp her father into getting her a new DUI. I like the addition of ANY color into a drysuit, my first drysuit was bright yellow and black, looked like a bumbullbee,  ( so I did take some flack, like a guy wearing a pink speedo) but could be seen at ther surface from 80' in Superior on a cloudy day. I want to ask DUI, and especially Susan, if your now adding unique colors, why to only 1/3 of the suit, why not make the ENTIRE suit, flames or pink, or camo, or white or carib fish colored? The benefits being,,, able to more easily find your buddy, DM, instructor, or whoever might be of interest to you, amongst the divers proweling the LIMITED VIS. (compared to the Carib. where you dont need a drysuit) ,,,,darkness, cold, fog, waves, depth, or finding divers on the surface in those same conditions. I miss my Henderson in that everyone knew where I was. I ask the dive industry WHY are most all (or the majority of) wetsuits , BCs,  drysuits black?,,,,,,, Cost, well, DAAAAA! are you giving them away? ADD some color and help improve the saftey of diving! This has been a problem for the 29 years I've been certified, will it ever get corrected? It feels like the beginning of the auto industry, where you can have, "any color you like, as long as its black"!
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
07-30-2009, 10:09 PM,

Now c'mon Jason... isn't that kind of like profiling?  8)
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
08-03-2009, 03:29 PM,
I just stumbled back across this and it occurred to me, I'd be interested in a clear dry suit as in transparent. So if Diving Concepts happens to read this let me know if you have something.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
08-03-2009, 06:43 PM,
That would kinda of put a dent in your "commando" dry suit diving wouldn't it??
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
08-03-2009, 07:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2009, 07:36 PM by Hydro.)

Now c'mon Jason... isn't that kind of like profiling?  8)
[/quote]

wow, you are definitely a badass if your drysuit is on fire underwater
i think the only thing that could top it is a wolf on your suit

then i guess if you were seriously hardcore you'd get a narwhale on it
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
08-23-2010, 09:37 PM,

Not "Loud" just "Different!"

I got my pink Camo one at the end of May....Have yet to get it wet!  Wink
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!