Remember me
Lost Password Register

One Last Time
07-22-2009, 04:18 PM,
Re: One Last Time
Thanks, yelloduc!  Good luck with all that Tech diving stuff...
07-22-2009, 05:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-22-2009, 06:03 PM by aknelsonone.)
I can only second what others responded to the buddy question.
The best way is to join a store outing especially when tanks are needed.

A lot of time I just go to the places popular or join a group.
The personal connections are loose it must be the general attitude toward privacy. I guess this based on the very few clubs existing but I could be wrong. 
The tec discussion is a lot of times a know how transfer. Alot of things are teached in classes however a lot you have to learn by yourself. I do tec for the last last 13 years. Look around were members post then you know their interest. Then put your questions out and there will be someone giving an answer. PM is one way to get into contact or meet others.

I am always open to dives and I try to do lots of shallow dives to keep the skills. Big dives are for me the Northshore and Wazee however to far away to be there often

Andreas
Andreas
07-22-2009, 09:57 PM,
Smith Diving is having a fun dive on Calhoun on the 28th of July!  Call them up and arrange to have them meet you with a rental tank!

I hope I can get there that night.  ;D
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
07-22-2009, 11:23 PM,

Hey Lisa!
              What do you know about the plan on that dive?  I might be able to do that, especially now that permits are deep sixed.                    T
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
07-23-2009, 03:20 PM,
Thanks for the info, DiverQueen and aknelsonone!  I was hoping some dive shop had dives at Lake Calhoun but wasn't sure.  That's great to know that Smith does host dives there!  That's so cool to know there's diving in a lake that reachable by bus and isn't a zillion miles out of the Twin Cities.  July 28th is my birthday and I'm probably going to be with friends that evening, but there's a small chance I can make it.  Smith is having two more dives in Calhoun and I should make at least one of them for certain.

I had a bizarre idea about starting a dive site for urban divers.  A guide to diving in city lakes, aquariums (some let people swim with sharks, etc.), and other dive spots that are reachable by bus or bike.  I'm not advanced enough with diving to do it myself, but it definitely would be useful to people... 
07-23-2009, 03:34 PM,

Hey Lisa!
               What do you know about the plan on that dive?  I might be able to do that, especially now that permits are deep sixed.                     T
[/quote]

Contact Smith Diving for info on their Tuesday Night Fun dives.  They alternate between Calhoun and Square and are held about every-other Tuesday.  Clik on the Dive Shops Icon and select MN area for more details!  ;D
07-23-2009, 09:19 PM,

How would they get their gear there if going by bicycle or bus?
07-23-2009, 09:26 PM,
I imagine it would turn a few heads to see a fully suited diver pedalling down the road :o
07-23-2009, 09:35 PM,

Or riding the bus.
07-23-2009, 10:10 PM,
Actually, I've met some people who are non-car-driving, bus dependent who pack a kit very small when going diving and relying on public transportation or friends with cars.  Sorry Tim, she went back to Switzerland a few years ago.  Sad