Remember me
Lost Password Register

Depth ?
02-27-2003, 09:31 AM,
Re:Depth ?

Bouys seem like overkill at least if they are surface visible even for beginers. Underwater ropes from one object to another can also help to find them
I have sometimes thought it would be fun if there was a sign on shore that would give a compass direction and distance from the sign to interesting objects underwater. This would encourage compass use.
---------------------------------
Leon
02-27-2003, 10:27 AM,
We like the compass idea we are going to use that method, but we will be doing a couple of bouys we are also going to put down compass directions on the sites to find the next sites that are close to that one.
02-27-2003, 11:07 AM,
Although , when I was ice diving last weekend I sure appreciated those guide lines at Square Lake.
At least to start with , I was just able to concentrate on the training/mechanics of rope signal/management without having to worry about compass bearings to other platforms etc..
But your own pit??? AWESOME!!!
That would be one *FUN* cleanup dive(s). Wouldn't mind that at all !!!

Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
03-05-2003, 06:02 PM,
tbrown,

My GF works for the DNR Lands and Minerals Division. She could probably get you some more info (public stuff, of course Smile. Where is the quarry?

As far as your original question, depth and size don't really matter for me, it's the viz. Beside, having a pit in your backyard mean you can blow bubbles whenever you want !

Jeff