Remember me
Lost Password Register

MSD - New St. Cloud Store
08-01-2009, 08:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2009, 08:46 AM by LKunze.)
MSD - New St. Cloud Store
Many of you may already know but I just found out on the Minnesota School of Diving website that they purchased Underwater Sports Adventure in St. Cloud and will be having a Grand Opening on August 16th.  Congratulations to MSD!
08-02-2009, 11:11 AM,
Re: MSD - New St. Cloud Store
Check out their fun dive schedule too for the St. Cloud store. They bus you up to the Crosby pits, feed you and drive you back to St. Cloud.
Adam<br /><br />www.AdamJohnsonOutdoors.com
08-09-2009, 06:28 PM,
It is kind of funny that I walked into the dive store one day and seen Todd sitting behind the counter (mid May), and there stood Lisa. I believe one of my first words were, "Did you"? Sure enough, the keys had just exchanged hands. I have always enjoyed stopping by the store to visit Lisa or Ed over the years, and will truely miss that connection.

I have been a long-time fan of MN School of Diving (Divemaster in 2000), this just makes it more easier to visit. My only wish now is to have Bill work his "1/2 days" in the St. Cloud store so that I can visit him more often. This is a man that I have spent many hours with just talking about scuba diving, I have often forgone an afternoon of diving in exchange for just standing around and "shootin' the breeze".

Dave Torry
PADI MSDT#170297
St. Cloud
612-799-4333
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
08-09-2009, 07:30 PM,
We are planning to stop in with a newly certified friend of ours.  She is dying to go diving too, so if anyone wants to hit up the grand opening and then find somewhere relatively close by for a quick dive, let us know!
08-10-2009, 09:31 PM,
Matt, we could do a dive at the quarry in St. Cloud? It would not be as good as "The Pits" in Crosby/Ironton, but it would give you a greater appreciation for "The Pits". I won't be back in St. Cloud until noon (I hope), so we could dive later that afternoon. Give me a call if interested.

But back to the subject at hand, Bill gave Matt and Kristi the "grand tour" of the Brainerd facility and at the end, he made a comment that I wasn't aware of. Bill is the oldest, that is to say, the "Lowest PADI Instructor Number" in the world, #79, that is still actively teaching scuba diving.

I am honored to call the man my friend.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
08-11-2009, 01:20 PM,
We will give you a call. We have a few friends interested in attending the opening and dive in the afternoon with us. I think we plan to be at the shop for noon for the festivities and dive a little later. (anyone else want to join us?)

Bill's shop is Full Service! He gave us quite the tour of the entire place- there was more there than I expected. The commercial diving aspect was all new to me, and interesting to see all the equipment involved. So needless to say I was impressed- that is what a Midwest Dive Shop should be. Not only that, but you get a FULL tank!! No one should go through there and just drive by- you have to stop in.

Bill did get quite a kick out of how long the diver numbers are now (way longer than a phone number  ;D)
The only thing I take seriously when it comes to diving is safety.
08-14-2009, 11:45 AM,
I am going to assume that this is Kristi, I have National Guard this weekend, but hope to be back in St. Cloud around noon. I will have my dive gear already packed in the truck.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
08-14-2009, 08:07 PM,
Yes it's Kristi  ;D

Just meet us at the shop- we will probably leave around 2pm to dive.
08-15-2009, 12:00 PM,
Ok change of plans.... looks like we are going to not have such nice weather on Sunday. So we'll bump the dive to the following Sunday- location TBD.