Remember me
Lost Password Register

2003 Dive Season Goals
03-06-2003, 02:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-06-2003, 02:46 PM by ChrisW.)
Re:2003 Dive Season Goals

*snort* i only own a mask and a *shudder* snorkel...
i gotta save up for my gear somehow Tongue
03-07-2003, 09:49 AM,
Great thread. For me, as well as doing as much diving as I can and meeting people from the board and diving with them, I have some specific goals:

1) Get new doubles (sold the old ones)
2) Get new drysuit and underwear (the old one just has TOO many dives on it. Have you seen the movie Blues Brothers? Once their car gets them to the final destination on their "mission from god" it falls apart. I'm convinced that once I get a new drysuit my old one will just fall apart at the seams. Oh, but its been good to me.)

3) Adjust balance and trim with 1 and 2.
4) Get 6ft bottle and setup new argon system.
5) Get more practice with reels and spools.
6) Take cave training in High Springs FL.
7) Do more trimix dives.
8) Get back to THE Isle Royale if I'm not tapped after 1,2,4,6, and 7.
9) This one will probably have to wait but I want an HID canister light.

I think thats it, no really. Wink
T
Safety first, ego last, actions speak louder than words or c-cards.
03-11-2003, 03:54 PM,
The "Fall apart after the Mission from God" analogy is so true! I can relate!
Summer of 02, I was up on Superior with some buds for a weekend of typical Madeira dives. My Harvey's full neoprene Drysuit, which had served me so well over the past 2-21/2 years had become leaky all over, had a cranky zipper, and was basically heading for the scrap heap. I had just barely managed it through a week of diving up on Royale. Ken Merryman, Capt. of the HeyBoy, started jokingly referring to it as my glorified wet suit. I fully agreed and had been planning to replace it with the DUI CF200 once the '02 season came to a close. So, my fingers were quietly crossed it'd pull through for the Madeira fun dive weekend. We were gearing up in the parking lot at the Madeira site and, being the suit is rear entry, I ask one of my friends for a zip. A few stiff tugs are given and suddenly I hear "clink, clink, clink" as some things went scattering all over the lot behind me. The next sound I hear was my friend very quietly behind me say "oh, sh*t". I knew in an instant what those "clinking" sounds were and the "oh, sh*t" simply confirmed it...the zipper on the suit completely blew apart. It was only a matter of time till something went kaplooey, just wasn't expecting it to happen prior to the first dive of a fun weekend with friends. Well, everyone was a complete troop and I was able to swap dives with someone for their suit. Good dive buddies always got yer back! Ordered the CF200 right when I got home and now I'm happy as a clam. My old Harvey's "Mission from God" suit quietly hangs in the garage now...it's not worth the dough to fix the zipper on it and somehow I can't bring myself to simply toss it in the trash. So, it's gonna make a really interesting Halloween git up someday!

Definitely not a '03 goal of mine and apologies for deviating the thread topic. Couldn't resist sharing the story of my poor old suit. Maybe some of you can relate...or at least can have a good laugh on me. ;D
03-11-2003, 04:17 PM,
A great story...Made me smile !!!
The suit and my car seem a lot alike...

Jean Wink
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
05-07-2003, 10:35 AM,
Goals for 2003:
( I dive year round so I can't call them "season goals")

1-Push my PB freedive down to 120'- at 105' now
2-Make a 5 minute breath hold- at 4:51 right now
3-Sell off my doubles and dry suit
4-Get a new speargun- see #3
5- Buy a wide angle lens for my digital camera- see #3

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
05-07-2003, 11:25 AM,
I feel like I'm sitting around a campfire with a cold one and swapping SCUBA stories, goals, etc... cool!!

2003 Goals?
Generally: expand the life experiences, continue learning, meet new interesting people and have fun along the way...

Specifically:
1) Do wreck diving in Superior (get Wreck Diver cert.)
2) Rescue Diver cert.
3) More dry suit diving experience
4) Dive a couple of times/month (esp. using my boat)
5) Informed, safe diving
- Dan
05-07-2003, 12:21 PM,
*Dive at least one day a week
*Get in a diving/camping weekend trip once a month
*Dive Lake Superior a couple times
*Gain more experience diving my drysuit
*Break the 100 dives mark
*Don't spend anymore money on gear this year (fills only) Wink