Remember me
Lost Password Register

The Great Minnesota Dive this Sun!
08-29-2009, 06:01 AM,
Re: The Great Minnesota Dive this Sun!
I've already got plans for Sun, so if you go to Christmas you'll have to go back again with me!  Non-Divers keep asking me if I've dove there (all too frequently) so I have to go sometime.
The only thing I take seriously when it comes to diving is safety.
08-29-2009, 09:40 AM,

=) )  (rolling on the floor...laughing) 
[/quote]

Have you dove it this year???
[/quote]

No.   :-[  I just thought your comment was cute.
[/quote]

I was hoping that you might have some info on vis.  It almost sounded like you thought it was a joke to dive that lake.  I have dove it before with great vis.

The best way, I have found, is to do a boat dive.
[/quote]

Oh man.  Now I do feel like an idiot...Show's how green I am...I didn't know there was actually a lake named Christmas (DUH)!!
[/quote]

Hey you two, dont make me keep you on opposite sides of my boat! >Big Grin
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
08-29-2009, 10:16 AM,
Nah, I had guppy written all over my face (not to mention "idiot" in a neon sign on my forehead  :Smile  ).  I had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA there was an actual lake in MN named Christmas Lake.  Imagine my embarassment  :-[ when I realized Robert was making an actual suggestion  :o .  (can't stick my foot in my mouth too often, my mouth's not big enough  Tongue  )  That'll learn me  Wink

08-29-2009, 01:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-30-2009, 08:40 AM by DiverQueen.)
Christmas lake at noon on a weekend is worse than 35 w at 5pm....WHere is that special location that gave you permission to park?
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
08-31-2009, 07:25 AM,
Great time on Sunday at Christmas Lake ;D  A big thank you to Terry for the use of his tanks and his boat, for being my dive buddy (and being willing and SO INCREDIBLY NICE to literally hold my hand during the dive to keep me with the group (I'm still working on my neutral buoyancy and slow ascents).  Thank you also to Terry, Robert and Kerry for making a guppy feel so welcome!  It seemed like everyone had a good time.

Old Chicago afterwards was a great choice for dinner with really good stuffed pizza and tasty appetizers. 

Hope to dive with you again soon.
Michelle

08-31-2009, 10:50 AM,
What a good time.  I had a blast and thanks Bob, Terry and Michelle.

KV