Remember me
Lost Password Register

Night Dive 9/6/09 -Little Long Lake (Hennipen county).
09-06-2009, 09:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2009, 09:58 PM by Mr.Pitbull.)
Re: Night Dive 9/6/09 -Little Long Lake (Hennipen county)
good dive, everyone that went under came back up. Scubafreek864 & Hydro found a few odds and ends. Viz wasn't the best but the company was top notch.
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
09-06-2009, 11:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2009, 11:23 PM by Hydro.)
Re: Night Dive 9/6/09 -Little Long Lake (Hennipen county)
yeah vis was good as our lights... about 10 feet... could possibly see light at 20 feet, but nothing else

i feel like i did a cleanup dive we found so much junk:
a handgun (grumpy let me keep it)*
about 4 lures (left another 4 on the bottom)
blue mickey mouse rod
left a black rod on the bottom
a new little red rod, but lost it as i was getting it up
a golfball
a dog ball
working thermometer
white electrical tape
some other stuff i might have forgot about

*handgun was considered a toy as it was small caliber and constructed of orange plastic

robert found just as much stuff as i did, we saw a ton of fish, and most of the bottom that we saw was sand and rock down to about 30'

it was cool to see 7 or 8 pple make it for such short notice!
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
09-07-2009, 12:10 AM,
Re: Night Dive 9/6/09 -Little Long Lake (Hennipen county).
Mr. Pitbull, Joe V. and I started out straight west from our entry point and had to turn back when Joe noticed a B/C problem.  Mr. Pitbull and I tried again and saw nothing but green water.  We tried again going south from the entry and found a nice sand bar with all sorts of bottles, cans, empty plastic "Cub Foods" bags and one Camo Gun case.  It's still there, I like my gun cases dry and clean!
Next time I'll have to remember to bring a Lobster Bag to bring out the trash!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!