Remember me
Lost Password Register

Zebra Mussels at Isle Royale
09-21-2009, 05:40 PM,
Zebra Mussels at Isle Royale
Some possible bad news for Isle Royale.....

09-22-2009, 05:23 AM,
Re: Zebra Mussels at Isle Royale
thats a bummer :-[
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
09-22-2009, 01:27 PM,

It is a bummer, but like most invasive species they will be tough, if not impossible to stop, despite the efforts of the DNR, which have at best only slowed the didtribution of non-native species. The advantage you have on Superior and especially Isle Royale is the cold water will help hold back the propagation of Zebra mussels, that have taken over so much in the lower (warmer) lakes. The one advantage you have is that each adult Zebra filters about a liter of water every 24 hours, take that and multiply it by the thousands-hundreds of thousands that you find internal of wrecks on the Great Lakes and you can get pretty dandy visibility inside the wreck, course you cant identify anything due to their presence, but least you'll have decent vis. :Smile    TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
09-23-2009, 10:11 PM,
Guess the public has to change their mind toward the Environment first.

The bad water quality in many of our lakes and waterways is caused by humans.
I am always astonished how little concern we and our government has for proper wast water treatment.
It seems anyone relays one institute's and consultan's rather than facts and common sens.

Andreas

Andreas