Remember me
Lost Password Register

Garage Sale Time
10-03-2009, 09:52 PM,
Re: Garage Sale Time
smaller turnout this year, but it looked like everyone was having a good time! 
Matt - your wife will definitely enjoy the drysuit!  (and you should get a good stock of brownie points for agreeing to get it!)

I was both glad I resisted a couple bargains, and sad that I passed them up!  I've just spent too much on "toys" lately, so had to restrict myself to just a new pair of fins and a retractor...
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
10-04-2009, 01:32 AM,
yeah.  $2/lb suckered me in Tongue
[/quote]

Wow, $2/lb.  I better up my prices on the sale of my weights, if that was the price "on sale". ;D
10-04-2009, 08:01 AM,
I should've done more looking around on here for weights, apparently.
10-04-2009, 08:36 AM,
I should've done more looking around on here for weights, apparently.
[/quote]

Robert makes some very nice ones too.  ;D
10-04-2009, 08:59 AM,
I think Robert's are hard weights.  IIRC, those were prices for soft weights and it was a terrific deal.  I had to resist buying more even though I don't really need any more.
10-04-2009, 10:32 AM,

Yeah, they were almost gone Sad when I got there around 1:00.  I should have gotten there earlier.  Oh well, I still got a new regulator storage bag on sale.  ;D       

10-04-2009, 10:41 AM,
Wow, $2/lb.  I better up my prices on the sale of my weights, if that was the price "on sale". ;D [/quote]

Hey Robert, you've been diving for a long time and make your own hard weights.  I'm wondering...Is it easy to make soft weights?  ??? 
10-04-2009, 12:50 PM,

I didn't know that they were soft weights.  In that case, it was a really good deal on them.
10-04-2009, 12:57 PM,
Wow, $2/lb.  I better up my prices on the sale of my weights, if that was the price "on sale". ;D [/quote]

Hey Robert, you've been diving for a long time and make your own hard weights.  I'm wondering...Is it easy to make soft weights?  ??? 
[/quote]

I have only made the hard weights.

If you are interested in making soft weights, they have the different size pouches for sale on e-bay.  Just do a search for "scuba weights".  You can purchase the pouches, and go to any gun shop, or sporting goods store that sell lead shot to get the lead to put in them. I believe that the bulk shot sold in the stores are sold in 25# bags.  Using a meat scale(accurate one) to measure how much lead is put in the pouches.  Not that hard to do.
10-04-2009, 01:20 PM,

ADT is having their sale end of Oct/beginning of Nov., giving you the chance to buy even MORE weights :o.

The question is...can you resist the temptation??  >Big Grin