Remember me
Lost Password Register

Gales of Nov.
10-04-2009, 07:07 PM,
Gales of Nov.
Well Bar Bunnies and Bar Bobs its getting to the end of the summer diving. Its time to think about what we are going to do with hard water time.
The first week end of Nov. will be The Gales of Nov. in Duluth. Do you want to meet up there for Breakfast and take in the show?
We can talk about ice diving and see if any of the LDS are doing ice intros and ice diving classes. We could talk about  some advance diving classes
Its winter time  don't go wasting time when we can do class room and come summer we can jump in the water and do the wet stuff and have all summer to play with what you have learned.
This next summer we should think about moving out to the pits and  the big lake.
the grumpie one.
10-10-2009, 02:15 PM,
Re: Gales of Nov.
I work Saturdays so weekends usually are not too good for me. I am planning on taking whatever courses I can over the winter that dont involve ow training, I am sure there are not many but....

My plan for this winter is to beg and plead for a drysuit for Christmas!! So you at Calhoun!
10-11-2009, 09:32 PM,
Can someone list which courses don't require open water training. As you said there can't be many, but it would be nice to know what they are.
10-12-2009, 07:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2009, 07:38 AM by mattd.)
The only one I know of worth doing in Nitrox and perhaps the Emergency First Responder or whatever they call it that you need for Rescue.

I don't think I can make Gales of Nov because I already have a few things to do that day, but I am interested in trying ice diving.  I asked about it at both Going Under and See Ya diving and I think they are both planning on doing some ice diving.  I have not asked around at the other LDS.
10-12-2009, 06:12 PM,
Naui has a first aid course that is coast guard approved, its for divers and non divers alike. It covers 18  chapters and O2, AED, Bloodboren patogens. Its simpler to the 40 hrs first responder class.
If your interested let me know and I will show you the student packet.
10-18-2009, 07:02 AM,
Yes, Grumpie, I am interested in the Naui first aid course. Please show me the student packet.
I am also going to sign up for the Naui Nitrox Diver "classroom" on Nov. 21st and 22nd at Smith diving.
Thanks