Remember me
Lost Password Register

Aqua Seal
10-15-2009, 06:47 PM,
Aqua Seal
I was looking at my gear tonight and I noticed that my hood has a 1" rip in the front of the throat. Looking closer I noticed that it had a 1/2" rip at each side of the smooth skin face seal. looking even closer I noticed that it had several smaller tears in it too. It has been a good hood and I hated to retire it... so I broke out the Aqua Seal. I patched it up and looked at my wetsuit to see what I could patch on it. The knees had a couple dime sized wear spots so I gobbed them up. I also patched the tops of my 7mm wet boots where my fins had wore on them. I almost used a tube of this stuff today. No I am not selling this "Aqua Seal" but I think this stuff is great. This summer I patched a hole in my drysuit with it. This spring I used it on all 10 fingertips of my Henderson titanium 7mm gloves where they were worn right through from digging for loot on the bottom. It has been about 60 dives since I doctored up the fingertips and they look like the day I put the goo on them. Not a bit of wear. I would recommend that you try this stuff if you haven't yet.
10-15-2009, 08:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-15-2009, 09:03 PM by freedivernd.)
Re: Aqua Seal
I tried aqua seal a long time ago and the repairs eventually lost their elasticity.. I like the trident neoprene cement, seems more elastic.  Maybe they've improved the mix and you'll have good luck.
Cold and dark down there huh?