Remember me
Lost Password Register

Relief Valve
10-16-2009, 10:45 PM,
Relief Valve
I can't put it off any longer.  Need to add a pee valve to my drysuit.  I did a search here on mnscuba and found some info on Pee Valves for dry suits.  Then I did some on-line research and have narrowed it down to one of the balanced versions from OMS, Dive Rite or Halcyon. Either way want a Delrin version due to weight.  Anyone with any dive time on any of these with any feedback? 

I like the OMS/Dive Rite version since it looks like it can be taken off the suit and cleaned.  It does not appear that the Halcyon can be removed from the suit once glued down, but it has an added back up of being able to screw down the outer cover as a  back up or those times I choose not to use the valve.  Right now leaning towards the Halcyon more...

Thanks for your feedback.
10-17-2009, 05:28 AM,
Re: Relief Valve
I went with the Halcyon, but instead of gluing it to the suit I cut out two pieces of old drysuit glove and used as a gasket on both sides of the valve. Been in over a year and no leaks todate. Did this incase I did want to remove.

There is tons of information on "The Deco Stop" many people will say putting the whole in the suit is the hardest part, and this I will have to agree. I did end up using a soldering iron and it worked great. Just verify where you want the valve located first. Kind of like "measure twice cut once"

Al   
10-17-2009, 07:11 AM,
I had the dive store in Brainerd put my pee-valve in (Halcyon), anytime you are going to put a hole in a drysuit, leave it to the pros, if something goes wrong, it is their problem to fix.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
10-19-2009, 10:54 AM,
So you guys like the Halcyon?  Do you feel the valve is too bulky hanging there on the side of your suit?  Easy to keep clean?

Thanks again,

Chris
10-19-2009, 12:31 PM,

To be honest, I don't even know its there. Al
10-19-2009, 10:09 PM,

To be honest, I don't even know its there. Al
[/quote]
I to have the Halcyon in my suit.  Works the way it should an clean up is easy too.  I use a bit of vineger an water run thru it.  You wont know ite even on your suit untill you need to use it.  I have made dives with it open an never had a problem.
TDI Advance Nitrox an Deco Trimix an Cave