Remember me
Lost Password Register

River dive...
10-23-2009, 11:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-23-2009, 11:07 AM by DetectorGuy.)
Re: River dive...

There was an old mill there where the dam for the mill had chewed up a hole down stream from there. I only found 23' as the max depth but Shooter found a 25' deep spot. Let me tell you it is kinda creepy down there with 2' viz and zero light. My mind kept playing tricks on me everytime a bunch of leaves from trees came by me. It was about the same as a night dive because the water was so inky dark. No big fish were sighted.

The guy that died in the Mississippi River during the certification was traveling head first down stream with the current when he hit a car with his head. Lights out. Game over...
10-23-2009, 02:26 PM,
There is more to the story about the diving accident, He was doing a advance open water class and had very few dives in his log book. He should never a been there in the first place.
10-23-2009, 06:54 PM,
What a tragedy.
10-26-2009, 12:55 PM,
vis was way down due to rain for last 3 weeks. didnt get anything.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
10-26-2009, 02:20 PM,
Should not need to see, if your doing it right.  you should realy do patterns and grid searchs in areas.
10-27-2009, 06:42 PM,
we were hunting carp not bottles. vis was barely 2-3ft if that. all sorts of weeds and leaves and stuff floating. actualy kinda scary. but my guest loved it they were chasing smallies and having a blast at it.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
11-22-2009, 06:24 PM,
Was down to the Mississippi Sat. and it was running about 5-6 knts in the middle.