Remember me
Lost Password Register

Shore diving Sunday the 25th of Oct.
10-22-2009, 08:48 AM,
Shore diving Sunday the 25th of Oct.

Hey Everyone!

I'm thinking of hitting the narrows in Lake Minnetonka (or else under the docks in Grays bay) on Sunday. We were out there last Sun  aboard the Impulse, and boat traffic isnt gone but getting pretty lean. We'll have to be careful that our flags dont close the channel, but it could be a cool time. We'll do it up as a shore dive, its getting to late to keep the boat out, and still get it to dry before storage. Let me know if your interested,,,,THANKS!      Terry
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
10-22-2009, 10:11 AM,
Re: Shore diving Sunday the 25th of Oct.
I would be interested in getting out. I haven't been in the water for 2 weeks.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
10-22-2009, 10:24 AM,
I'd like to get out, but what is the water temp likely to be this late in the wetsuit season? 
10-22-2009, 11:16 AM,
This last weekend it was 47F at 47 feet, so not horrific..

I thought I was going to be out of town, but plans changed a bit.. I may be game.. I'll see how I feel sunday.. I may come out and say hi at least Smile
10-22-2009, 11:35 AM,
Sunday works for me.  Let us know when and exactly where it will be.  Morning would work better for me.  It got a little late last time out.  This way, I can still get some stuff done around the house after diving.  I would be up for the narrows, but not so sure about the docks at grays, unless you are talking the ones away from the landing.
10-22-2009, 03:22 PM,
I'm a maybe, I'll know more Sat. and let you know.
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
10-22-2009, 03:37 PM,
Put me down for a morning vote, say 6am. Get in a morning night dive/sunrise dive. Then go get pancakes!
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
10-22-2009, 05:07 PM,

Hey Everyone!

Looks like Sun will fly, (I have to work on Sat.) Sad
                           Arcflash I am looking forward to meeting you, well, I was until you said you wanted to hit it at 6am  :-\ on Sun morning, I'm afraid I'm likely to have a little too much going on Sat night to accomplish a dive that early. I'm thinking more like 9-10am.               
                           Robert we're waiting for Hydro to log in on the location of the narrows, otherwise I was thinking under docks (to the east) of the launch at Grays, there arent really any boats left there. A "little late" you mean motoring across Minnetonka on the Impulse in the total darkness was too late,,,, ya Doug and Joe really needed a light on Joe's float on that last dive, well make sure we get an earlier start this Sun, not sure about 6am though,,,,
                           Doug your always welcome to join us, whenever you can.
                           Mark you too, come on out if you can.
                           Mermaid its likely to be 50 degrees not much more then that, easy enough for a single dive in a wetsuit.             
                           I'll get out the mapbook and figure out a location, THANKS EVERYONE!           Terry
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
10-22-2009, 05:35 PM,
Hydro and I dove the Narrows about 11 months ago. This was part of our advanced class. Nice shallow dive with a good chance of finding goodies. Here is a link to the dive we did under the narrows bridge last November:

The tackle box was a nice find but remember to bring a rope ladder or a section of extension ladder for getting out of the water. The sea wall can be a b!tch to get up as it is about 3' above the water line. Very fun dive area though. Make sure to have hydro bring you to the same spot we dove to increase your chances of loot. Have a great dive.
10-22-2009, 05:58 PM,

Actually, it was not the boat ride that was late, but the festivities after that got late.  That was partly due to me talking too much.lol  It was a great time, and would do it again anyway.  Work the next day comes fast after a night like that.

Robert