Remember me
Lost Password Register

Shore diving Sunday the 25th of Oct.
10-22-2009, 07:00 PM,
Re: Shore diving Sunday the 25th of Oct.
When did you guys get done with dinner anyways? 
10-22-2009, 09:20 PM,
I won't be able to make this. >Sad I will be out of town. Even with my wet suit I will still be up for dives in November.
So get wet, have fun,and stay out late!  ;D
10-22-2009, 09:55 PM,
When did you guys get done with dinner anyways? 
[/quote]

Got done with dinner at the end of Sunday night football.  I still have over an hour drive home yet.  Terry and Joe live a lot closer than I do.  They were probably sleeping while I was still on the road.lol  ;D
10-22-2009, 10:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-22-2009, 11:01 PM by Hydro.)

if google maps doesnt work it's between lafayette bay and carmen bay on shadywood/manitou rd

i also stopped by wirth pond since i live so close, but all i had was a flashlight, so it was hard to tell visibility... plus everything that grumpie says about it makes me assume its all muck. but theres a nice parking area/beach there
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
10-23-2009, 05:56 AM,

THANKS Joe! I'll bring a little ladder to traverse the seawall, does 9am work for everyone, well except the Flash?      T
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
10-23-2009, 08:57 AM,
9am in the lot. Done.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
10-23-2009, 10:39 AM,
I have never dove with any of you, so I would like to get a chance...  I am not sure yet if I will be able to make it, but have a question for someone who has been there before.  I read that you need to climb the wall.  I have had 2 surgeries on my wrist in the last year and it is still not the strongest.  Would I have a problem getting in and out of this area with a weak arm?  If so, I would have to make it a different time.  Otherwise, I will consider it.  Let me know and I will see if I can make it!
10-23-2009, 10:54 AM,

Going off memory... The sea wall is 3' above the water. We did the exit by throwing a rope loop over the divers first stage and two people on shore pulled the diver up. An 8' stepladder leaned up against the wall would work very good or tie a rope ladder to something on shore. You should have no problem even with the wrist injury if you use a ladder. Use caution with a giant stride entry as there are portions of the "old" sea wall made out of metal near the new one and portions of this are 4' below the surface. We entered the water by pivoting on one wrist while doing a 180 degree turn as we hit the water (sounds like an olympic manuver but very controlled) If you look earlier in this post at the link to the post I had from last November, There is a short video that Joe(Hydro) took showing this sea wall. Have fun.
10-23-2009, 02:19 PM,
for what its worth i will be there. Its on co rd 19 between Nave and Excelsior. The Dive area is on the south side of the Bridge and under it.
grumpie
10-23-2009, 08:49 PM,
I will see everyone on Sunday morning around 9:00am.