Remember me
Lost Password Register

speargun Camera MOds
10-31-2009, 05:21 AM,
speargun Camera MOds
im starting to think of winter projects and would like to add a gun mounted camera. anyone know if any particular configurations are better than others? ive seen afew DIY articles on youtube, but they look bulky and fragile.im also concered that the onese i saw had an arm that set the camera off to one side to improve the viewing angle, which it probably does but im afraid that it will get banged up or snagged. any thoughts.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
10-31-2009, 08:52 AM,
Re: speargun Camera MOds
I've seen a production mount that was a ball and socket that looked good.  I think it was around $100 or so.  You have to be careful too, guns with a lot of recoil can ruin the housing with a solid mount, so you need to have some way to absorb the shock if your gun has much recoil.  I would think even repeated mild recoil might not be good for a housing.

A friend of mine had his camera mounted slightly off to the side and it never caused problems for him even in submerged brush going for catfish.

A bad thing about gun mounted camera too is that you really should'nt take video of people because you end up having to point the gun at them.

I'm thinking a head mounted cam (there are some nice ones coming on the market this fall)
Cold and dark down there huh?