Remember me
Lost Password Register

Happy Hour on Thur. Nov. 12 2009, 6pm to whenever,,,
11-04-2009, 08:38 AM,
Happy Hour on Thur. Nov. 12 2009, 6pm to whenever,,,
              I'm soon headed to So. Fla for a couple weeks of wreck diving, (just to see if those wrecks, really are better then what we saw this summer from Lake Minnetonka :'( to Isle Royale ;D) I mean how could you really beat the Hercules? and I've been doing a fair amount of local diving, so I'm thinking its time to enjoy a non-diving get together to share some beverages, hydroixilated, (as Hydro states) or otherwise Wink  Something I've noticed here (like on equipment discussions) is how much new information there is,,, especially on diving styles, computers, cool local spots to dive, even cooler distant spots to dive. So I'd like to suggest that if you've got some axe to grind,,,(naw just messing with some of you) but hey if your into a particular style of diving show up, lets hear why, hell I'd like that, or cool new toy, some cool pics, some cool coordinates to some dandy local spot (you dont mind sharing :-X,) bring em with. I'll bring some, now we just need to decide where, lets stick to somewhere fairly centralized, with cheap enough drink specials :Smile So lets hear some ideas on a location,,,,,,,    THANKS!      Terry
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
11-04-2009, 01:09 PM,
Re: Happy Hour on Thur. Nov. 12 2009, 6pm to whenever,,,
I'm game, but not sure where the best location is. 
11-04-2009, 02:59 PM,
I'm in if I can arrive fashionably late!
The only thing I take seriously when it comes to diving is safety.
11-04-2009, 03:52 PM,
I'll throw in as a maybe... depends on what work does to me next week, and where gets suggested!  (I favor the northside, but since the office is on the southside, I can usually be flexible to a certain extent!)  I haven't heard of any new brewpubs lately - anyone have a favorite?  (Granite City has decent brews, but the Maple Grove location is closest to my apartment and it seems to always be busy! somewhere quieter would be preferable...) 

I don't have much imput for ideas at the moment, but I'll keep thinking!  is there anything decent along either 394 around hwy 100, or along 494 on either side of 35W?  We did Stella before too - anything else in that area jump out for potential (ie Chino Latino or Bar Abilene)?  Not the greatest ambiance, but Fuddruckers locations have cheap longnecks ($1), but somewhat limited selection.
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
11-04-2009, 05:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-04-2009, 05:09 PM by Hydro.)

F**k chino latino... (anyone that thinks that is harsh, hasnt been there, i'm not boycotting it, but it's a big mistake)
i can't imagine bar abilene is any better, but i haven't been there.

as for favorite brew pubs i really like barley john's on county road D off 35w (but its small inside, with a decent fire to drink around outside)
theres also a decent beer to be had at town hall brewery at seven corners
and rock bottom brewery, but parking is hell downtown
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
11-04-2009, 05:59 PM,
Count me in!  How about Old Chicago?  They have a Roseville location, or better yet, one in Eagan!!  ;D
11-05-2009, 10:50 AM,

F**k chino latino... (anyone that thinks that is harsh, hasnt been there, i'm not boycotting it, but it's a big mistake)
i can't imagine bar abilene is any better, but i haven't been there.

as for favorite brew pubs i really like barley john's on county road D off 35w (but its small inside, with a decent fire to drink around outside)
theres also a decent beer to be had at town hall brewery at seven corners
and rock bottom brewery, but parking is hell downtown
[/quote]

Joe, almost sounds like you've been booted out of Chino Lat. to have that attitude? Whats up with that,,,,,,,,,
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
11-05-2009, 01:12 PM,

lol i almost have been but that's a different matter, the main reason it's a bad idea is its overpriced for what you get, and seating was geared for smaller groups, and i dislike the hipster crowd that place attracts.  and no parking
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
11-05-2009, 01:14 PM,
My favorite hang out is Mavericks in Champlin but that is probably a little far north for most of you.
11-05-2009, 01:55 PM,

lol i almost have been but that's a different matter, the main reason it's a bad idea is its overpriced for what you get, and seating was geared for smaller groups, and i dislike the hipster crowd that place attracts.  and no parking
[/quote]

I've only been there once, I think it was soon after they opened.  highlight of that happy hour was the fortune cookie that simply said "That wasn't chicken."  That and Abilene were the only names of places in that area that I remembered other than Stella...
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!