Remember me
Lost Password Register

Amazing spearhunting
11-10-2009, 02:48 PM,
Amazing spearhunting
amazing italian hunters sport. check this out!

&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
11-10-2009, 04:19 PM,
Re: Amazing spearhunting
That was cool but realy when is the UN going to step in and ban the speedo from fat guys, come on this needs to happen.
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
11-10-2009, 06:15 PM,
I wonder what they use for a backstop if they miss the target?... free-shafting my spears would be chipping the pool wall.
Cold and dark down there huh?
11-10-2009, 07:08 PM,
it looked like the spear was tethered to the gun.

i also noticed most breath holds were 15 seconds tops which isnt that hard while under heavy exertion.

if i had a pneumatic gun, id take the challenge... but i have a triband gun  >Sad
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
11-10-2009, 11:32 PM,

I agree Doug.  That guy in a speedo was painful to watch.
11-11-2009, 01:41 PM,
I was also woundering about hitting the wall. but i agree, looks like a short tether maybee 8 ft. the target is also tiny. although the breath hold is shorter, i think this would still be a challange, and unlike some of our ocean hunters, this practice to me looks in line with the conditions i often encounter.... small fish moving fast, in low vis up close. i think im going to try laminating some small pelet gun targets and try this out. probably outside. but if the gun was on low power it might be ok pool wise.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
11-18-2009, 07:22 PM,
OK, now due to popular Demand some of my Spearfishing pals are interested in getting a match going. any interest? not sure if I can find a pool that would allow us to do this in.