Remember me
Lost Password Register

WHO ARE SOME OF THE DEEPEST DIVERS IN MIDWEST
11-17-2009, 11:54 PM,
Re: WHO ARE SOME OF THE DEEPEST DIVERS IN MIDWEST
I think John has it right, I always understood "recreational diving" to end at 130-140', beyond that you have "deep air" beyond that you have "technical diving".  Nicki's question (as I read it) is just who are some of the deepest divers in MN, not necessarily on, air, CCR, or trimix. I've been to 238' on air back before there were the options of CCR and trimix, (outside the commercial diving field) and you took the risks or you didn't go there. Today at 51 years old I dont really want/need to go past 200' on air, but am comfortable going close to there alone. I think it comes down to knowing your limitations, accepting the consequences of something going wrong, being as prepared as you can be, and knowing how much risk your willing to accept. When it comes to depth, I always liked the twin montras of, "you can drown in a sink if you cant pull your head out of it",,,,,"the only thing you have to keep doing for the next five min. is, breathe"    TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)

Messages In This Thread
Re: WHO ARE SOME OF THE DEEPEST DIVERS IN MIDWEST - by mermaid - 11-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Re: WHO ARE SOME OF THE DEEPEST DIVERS IN MIDWEST - by Terry - 11-17-2009, 11:54 PM
Re: WHO ARE SOME OF THE DEEPEST DIVERS IN MIDWEST - by mermaid - 11-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Re: WHO ARE SOME OF THE DEEPEST DIVERS IN MIDWEST - by mermaid - 11-30-2009, 10:57 PM