Remember me
Lost Password Register

What is your definition of "Technical Diving"
11-18-2009, 12:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2009, 12:51 PM by LKunze.)
Re: What is your definition of "Technical Diving"
I agree with that to an extent.  If you are doing a dive to 130 feet on air or nitrox and going a tad over your NDL and staying a few extra minutes on your 15 foot safety stop until your deco obligation on your computer clears then I'd agree, not really tech diving. If you do an open water deco dive and rack up a 1/2 hour of deco and do multiple planned/scheduled stops on ascent to clear your deco that is tech. Also, you cannot purchase nitrox over 40% without taking an advanced nitrox course and most combine the Decompression procedures course with advanced nitrox.  Likewise you cannot purchase a custom mix of helium without being certifed to entry level trimix.  Those certs are considered technical training.  You can purchase premixed helium to use in recreational diving if you take the recreational trimix course but the course is for recreational dive profiles...130 feet max and diving within No decompression limits which still makes it recreational diving. 

Messages In This Thread
Re: What is your definition of "Technical Diving" - by LKunze - 11-18-2009, 12:14 PM