Remember me
Lost Password Register

Saturday Dive?
11-25-2009, 10:07 AM,
Saturday Dive?
I'm looking to go to Crosby for a set of day dives. My regular buddies are trapped in dead end holiday stuff. So if your interested let me know. I could be persuaded to go to Wazee if you like that better.

I could also move days.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
11-25-2009, 01:45 PM,
Re: Saturday Dive?
if your plan changes and you do something closer/faster, post an update!  I could use a dive but I can't spend a whole day on it!  (I'm not sure yet what my weekend plans will include, so can't promise being able to fit diving in for sure at all, so don't change your plan to accommodate me!)

and if you do hit Crosby, sneak up on a nice Northern and grab his tail for me!  (I just love doing that to the little ones that think they're invisible if they don't move -- they sure move quickly afterwards!)
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
11-25-2009, 04:01 PM,
Since they moved the fishing pier for winter, I'd love to look around and find some lures in Wirth Lake...Even if the dog won't play with me after I've been in there!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
11-25-2009, 07:34 PM,
I could go local but I've had a string of shallow dives and I'm looking for more freedom than what 12 feet offers. Something in the 60-90 foot range sound good enough. I had hoped to find more of the drift shafts in Hopkins mine.

DQ, if you do go out for a local soak throw me a line and I'll go gunk hole for coke bottles while you look for tackle.

Tullibee, do you have anything in mind? Local is all so shallow unless you boat out.
11-26-2009, 07:57 AM,
Steve I'm diving in Crosby on Sat. I'm meeting some people at MSD in Brainard at 10:00 and then we will go dive. Theres always room for one more if you want. I'm getting tired of shallow dives to, not to metion the crappy vis.
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
11-26-2009, 10:35 AM,
That's cool. Can I just meet you at the dive site?
11-27-2009, 11:10 AM,
How was the diving yesterday?
11-27-2009, 02:50 PM,
Awful! It's so bad I still have to wait for tomorrow to dive on SATURDAY.
11-27-2009, 04:54 PM,
  [/quote]

OMG!!!  I guess that's what a few days off does to a person.  :Smile  My week is all screwed up  Tongue

Have fun diving Sat.  ;D
11-30-2009, 11:41 AM,
I got in Feigh and Hopkins on Sat. Found the drift in Feigh. It's behind a board that resembles a toilet seat. There is a cable up to a post at 80 I think, then a bleach bottle at 60 (top of the wall), and then up to 40'ish. But I don't recall past that. Anyway, if you want to see it, travel to the right of the entrance in the 40/50 range. You'll pick up a red line and follow it down to 100. the 'cave' is dark and if you don't see the seat, you'd swim past it.

A drift in Hopkins (considerable breakdown) exists on the wall at 88 feet below the road from Diamond Cove. It was about 11 minute swim out so it's not far. Please watch your head as the overhang is considerable and may be very lose considering the breakdown.

Vis was fair on both. maybe 25