Remember me
Lost Password Register

Drysuit ?'s
12-01-2009, 05:25 PM,
Re: Drysuit ?'s

Your drysuit came with a comfy warm snowsuit?  What brand drysuit is yours? 
12-12-2009, 04:50 PM,
I've had a DiveRite 905 for 6yrs.  Had to replace wrist seals and neck seals several times.  I've study a lot of drysuits and here are a few observations:
1) Thermal under garments are as important as the actual suit - the thermals are the key to keeping warm, the suit needs to keep the garment dry.
2)  Self donning is preferred but not necessarily essential if you have people around (and you should).
3)  You can get the the booty style feet with reinforced soles (rock boot type soles) - pay for this upgrade.
4)  Make sure you get suspenders - very useful when unzipped.
5)  Proper care of the suit will extend its life & a tip I recently got that I strongly believe in is using silicone spray instead of baby powder on the seals. 

For those who may need a cordura patch, I can recommend Midwest Fabrics in So St Paul.  They are local and cheaper than other places I could find on the internet for cordura fabric by the yard.
12-12-2009, 05:43 PM,
SR Harris Fabrics in Brooklyn park occasionally has Cordura in their $2. bin....I stocked up!  ;D
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
12-12-2009, 06:00 PM,
I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on a Whites Fusion drysuit.  I had a demo unit and it fit amazingly well.  I was surprised an off the rack suit would fit.  Now, gotta get my pennies together..