Remember me
Lost Password Register

Ice diving
12-11-2009, 08:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-11-2009, 08:24 AM by mermaid.)
Re: Ice diving

heh, heh...John isn't worried about the Impulse...he just knows that I could kick your 
,,,,,, >Big Grin
12-11-2009, 09:01 AM,
Hi Art, long time....

I'd go but I don't get the invite since you went PSD on me.  Sad I had to get my own gear and buddies. I have everything but the chainsaw. If we hook up we could do an Ice-a-palooza.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
12-11-2009, 09:01 AM,

Yeah more room on the boat for me!
The only thing I take seriously when it comes to diving is safety.
12-11-2009, 09:50 AM,

I'd help out just to see first hand what it's all about.  It'd be good experience.  I'm really good with a scoop shovel.  Smile
12-11-2009, 10:11 AM,

heh, heh...John isn't worried about the Impulse...he just knows that I could kick your 
,,,,,, >Big Grin
[/quote]

and I figure by the time his wounds heel and the ice melts, he will have forgotten me betting against him (he is getting old  ;D ) and being the nice guy that he is, he'll still invite me anyway!

and besides, I'd rather have a chance to dive FROM the Impulse instead of ON the Impulse!  :o
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
12-11-2009, 10:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-11-2009, 07:51 PM by mermaid.)
,,,,,, >Big Grin
[/quote]
and I figure by the time his wounds heel and the ice melts, he will have forgotten me betting against him (he is getting old  ;D ) and being the nice guy that he is, he'll still invite me anyway!
and besides, I'd rather have a chance to dive FROM the Impulse instead of ON the Impulse!  :o
[/quote]

Yeah...(at his age ;D ) who knows what I'll knock loose! 
12-11-2009, 11:05 AM,
Mermaid, you better figure out how to put on a dry suit without punches holes in the seals before you go under the ice.

I just want to go ice diving.  Are there others who want to learn?  PM me if you do and I'll try to coordinate something.  If there are 3/4 of us, I know an instructor.  If not, there was an offer once, but perhaps I could do my class with just me and my instructor if any of you more experienced people don't mind us sharing your tent/hole.  I'll of course help setup and will bring post dive beer.
12-11-2009, 11:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-11-2009, 02:37 PM by mermaid.)

Holes in the seals are nothing more than ventilation  ;D  Besides, zip seals cover the holes when you go under the ice. 
12-11-2009, 01:46 PM,
Mattd, if you need a hole to train from let me know. I'll work with the instructor to make sure my set-up is correct for the way they train. (we all do it a bit different and I'm make changes within reason)

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
12-11-2009, 02:04 PM,

arcFlash, could you explain how set-ups differ?

Thanks!
Mermaid