Remember me
Lost Password Register

Halcyon Cinch Harness
12-09-2009, 10:23 PM,
Halcyon Cinch Harness
So this thing looks pretty sweet. Does anyone have any experience diving with it. Actually, I'm not sure if it's been released yet. Also, does anyone know if it works with other manufacturer's backplates or is it specific to the Halcon BP?

Thanks
12-10-2009, 08:46 AM,
Re: Halcyon Cinch Harness
I want it! (or I want to know how to mod my plate)

Can we get Halcyon around here?

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
12-10-2009, 11:54 AM,
There aren't any Halcyon dealers in MN anymore.  Your best bet is to go through these guys in IA.
12-10-2009, 02:10 PM,
Wazee Sports carries some Halcyon gear.
12-10-2009, 05:38 PM,
Yep, looks like they are still an authorized dealer for Halcyon.
01-03-2010, 05:58 PM,
So I was down in Miami for New Years and got a chance to play around with this thing at a shop in Key Largo. Its pretty sweet. I don't really know what else to say about it. The adjustment is smooth and easy but does not move around or loosen when you don't want it to. Right now, the dive shop is only selling it as part of the Infinity system with a BP and wing, or else, I would have picked it up while I was down there.
01-04-2010, 02:03 PM,
How much are the stores selling it for?
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
01-04-2010, 04:19 PM,
looks like WDS has the retro-fit kit for you for $99!

I think I saw that they list the Infinity package for $820 - no idea how that compares to elsewhere...  since my Powerball numbers did NOT get picked over the weekend, I can't justify ordering one (yet)!  Smile
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
01-05-2010, 12:50 AM,
Tullibee is correct! I just ordered mine from diveseekers.com for $99. Keep in mind that this only works with Halcyon BP's. So if you're diving a Dive Rite, it's an extra $200 for a Halcyon BP (personal experience).
01-05-2010, 08:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2010, 11:03 AM by Shooter.)
The only downside I ever experienced with my halcyon backplate and wings was the difficulty in adjustability. It was always a struggle to get on in the winter time for ice diving over my dry suit and bulky installation. I have used my system flawlessly for the last 7 years. The only thing I have had to replace was the inflator, and that was covered under a recall. 500+ dives and going strong. My straps were getting a little worn and need to be replaced I can't wait to try out the new adjustable strap system for $100. Big Grin