Remember me
Lost Password Register

Halcyon Cinch Harness
04-30-2010, 10:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-30-2010, 12:25 PM by arcFlash.)
Re: Halcyon Cinch Harness
Update:

I've used the Cinch on a few more dives and I was able find solutions to the reels and lift bag by using a new SS bold in place of the OEM bolt on the right side. I still need to get something like a welded D on the left as the floppy D-ring is hard to find while holding the tail of a large stage. I've been told a luggage repair place should be able to make the part I need.

So my last update on the Cinch is that it's worth the money as the adjustment has saved me a lot of struggle in the few dives I've had. I still tend to pull the shoulders too tight but that's getting better and the whole rig flys real nice.

Like any BP&W you can adapt anything you want to it with a trip to the hardware store. I was originally disappointed that it wasn't pay&play but I'm over that now and I really like it.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
05-02-2010, 08:17 PM,
I'm glad to hear it's working for you. I just ordered one for myself. Hopefully will get it this week. I too will be looking to have a right side d-ring so I might have to put your solution to work for myself as well.
Seize the day!
05-03-2010, 07:22 AM,
I still need to drill the threads out of the d-ring nut and install a nylon bushing so it will not wear down long term. If you want a picture let me know.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.