Remember me
Lost Password Register

Planner software
12-13-2009, 01:51 PM,
Planner software
Any suggestions on deco palnning software?
Just starting to get into this, and want to find out what people have used, and pro's and con's of the different products.
Joe<br /><br />&quot;It is better to be doing than to wish you were doing&quot;-Me
12-13-2009, 06:49 PM,
Re: Planner software
I use V planner.  But see what your instructor recommends!!  Just having the software isn't quite enough.
Jeff
TDI Advance Nitrox an Deco Trimix an Cave
12-14-2009, 08:10 PM,
I use V-Planner. It hasn't let me down yet. I don't have any experience with some of the others out there though.
12-14-2009, 08:57 PM,
there's also decochek 

its free for dives to 120'... so i guess you can try before you commit to buy it
the phone version is totally free i think
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
12-19-2009, 09:10 AM,
My instructor had recommended a couple different ones. So, I was trying to narrow down to what the experienced users have been using.
Joe<br /><br />&quot;It is better to be doing than to wish you were doing&quot;-Me
12-20-2009, 10:19 AM,
In that case!!  V planner set to work on about the same Sched as the VR3 is a +1 or 2 for conservatism.  Real easy to use they are great about updates Has other aps for blending an top offs.  I have used some others but I do like Vplanner.  Most of the people in people in our group use it so we are genrally on the same padge.
Jeff
TDI Advance Nitrox an Deco Trimix an Cave
12-25-2009, 12:53 PM,
Thanks guys.
01-02-2010, 03:06 PM,
Another question: What about a planner that utilizes the the same bubble model as my dc. Should I be looking towards those. Or do the models tend to be pretty close?