Remember me
Lost Password Register

KARE 11 Scuba Diving "Murder"
12-15-2009, 07:44 PM,
KARE 11 Scuba Diving "Murder"
I just caught a brief glimps of what is to be shown on Dateline this Friday evening, channel 11 (KARE) at 8pm, it depicted a murder that happened while scuba diving.

You may recall that a husband murdered his wife while they were scuba diving on their honeymoon several years ago, this may be the story.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
12-15-2009, 08:22 PM,
Re: KARE 11 Scuba Diving "Murder"

Ya if its the one in Australia, he was a cert. rescue diver, (she was a guppy) left her on the bottom, in a 100' to go get help, rather then take the risk of raising her with him. I dont remember learning that technique :-\ Theres another one in the Carib, also on their honeymoon, I think he got 25 years. Makes you wonder what happened, other then both women ending up dead.      Terry
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
12-15-2009, 10:08 PM,
If I remember correctly he did his Safety Stop as well.
12-16-2009, 06:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-16-2009, 10:22 AM by mermaid.)
Here are a few links to both.  First link is the one from Australia that TRINITY mentioned. 

This second link is from the BVI.   

It will be interesting to see which one is featured on Friday.
12-16-2009, 06:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-16-2009, 06:41 AM by doug67.)
I would think a divorce would be cheaper than a murder trial? ???
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
12-16-2009, 08:20 AM,
Depends on the wifes lawyer I'm sure  ???
12-16-2009, 09:26 AM,

As a single guy, I wonder,,,,, was it nothing more that the honeymoons coming to an end, or the effect of a "permanent" relationship with just one woman, or those two items in conjuntion with being in a hyperbaric enviorment, that pushed these two guys to do something so monsterous? Should "just married" and diving come with a warning?        TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
12-16-2009, 07:36 PM,
If I recall, the couple that this story is about, was about the money.

The couple had dated throughout college and were to eventually get married, but prior to the marriage, he pushed for her to increase her life insurance policy. He hounded her for quite awhile, but she was reluctant, finally she just lied to him and told him she had increased the policy limit and had named his as benificary.

The rest is history.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
12-16-2009, 11:40 PM,
It's a program about a Scuba Instructor, who kills his wife in the Carribean. Most of the Underwater video for the upcoming Dateline program was provided & shot by Paul from Ocean Horizon Scuba () Who I had the pleasure of getting to know while spending a week diving together in Cozumel... Who knows? We might see me in some of the underwater footage!?!?
"BARK BARK!" -Dudley Do Right-
12-19-2009, 11:33 AM,
Ya, one story I heard is that the husband turned off her dive tank.  But with training and practice, and not panicing she could have maybe turned it back on?  Isn't is obvious if a person pushes to have someone increase their life insurance.  Are people that obvious and stupid?  Yes!