Remember me
Lost Password Register

Multi gas, rebreather computor
12-26-2009, 07:23 AM,
Multi gas, rebreather computor
I'm looking at computors. I want one that will do multi gas(air,nitrox,O2,helium) and work for rebreathers. I was looking at the ones by Delta. They were nice because you could add to them to make them do what ever you want. I realy liked the Galileo ones. They had a very easy to read and understand display, but I'm not sure if they will work with a rebreather. Then I was looking at the Sunto ones. I like the idea of being able to look at your deco schedule befor the dive so you can write it on a slate as a backup. I'm going to start puting together my stuff so I can take a advanced nitrox and deco class but after that I think I will go to a rebreather and finish the trimix classes. I want to be able to dive some of the deep wrecks.
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
12-26-2009, 08:19 AM,
Re: Multi gas, rebreather computor
Right now the hottest computer with rebreather divers seems to be the not cheap, but should last for many years.

Another popular option is again not cheap and you will have to also purchase deco software.

Anything else would be way down on the list IMHO. I have been kicking around the idea of picking one up as a back up to my Vision. But cost and from my reading over on RBW I have been thinking that maybe my next purchase should be a BOV.

Also on my list is a heated vest. Again not cheap, been leaning towards the one from Golem gear.

Al
12-26-2009, 08:44 AM,
Doug if I am not mistaken you can do what your looking for with a VR3.  I know you can do your back up tables with it.  They can be found at a decent price now if you look around.  I find them a bit hard to read But I alos need corrective lense
TDI Advance Nitrox an Deco Trimix an Cave
12-26-2009, 12:27 PM,
I have to agree with Al on the Shearwater or the X1 (liquivision).  I have a Pursuit and it is very simple to use.  I bought it for OC with Trimix originally, and now have it enabled for constant PO2 for the rebreather.  I looked at the VR3, and even though I thought it would take more time to understand, I would have bought one if the price was right. 
The main thing to take into consideration is what deco algorithm you want to use.  The Shearwater is Gradient Factor (GF), the X1 depends on which software you run on it (V-planner seems to be more common is VPM). I am not sure what is on VR3.

If you have a bottom timer or computer already that can be run as a bottom timer, you may want to just take the classes first.  You will probably use tables and a timer for the class and will get a first hand look at what others are using.
Dave