Remember me
Lost Password Register

Looking for help from my Minnesota peeps ;)
01-10-2010, 08:03 PM,
Re: Looking for help from my Minnesota peeps ;)
Welcome back home. Full time diving jobs are probably tough to come by around here but most of us get a job with hours that allow us to dive as much as we want to. With your experience as a ROV tech you may be able to snare a gig with a bigger county Sheriffs department like Hennepin CO as I heard rumblings that they have a ROV but it is not being used everyday, maybe in a training type situation. Then you could come up to Isanti County and talk them into getting one for us to play with. Good luck with the job thing.
01-10-2010, 08:41 PM,
This isn't quite MN, but it is closer.

01-11-2010, 01:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2010, 01:48 PM by arcFlash.)
I'm guessing on this but underwater ROV skills are transferable to high tech robotic work. Maybe Seagate? Nuclear inspection? Fly by wire (drones) we have military contractors in Eagan, Lockheed Martin may do that work. Ordnance disposal (Bomb Squad) use ROV's to disarm.

All guess but the idea should be obvious.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
01-13-2010, 12:20 PM,
Shamles plug but,
If you can make it come to the Dive Into the Past Show here Feb 27th.  Just about everybody in the local dive industry will be there, lots of networking to be done.

Tim