Remember me
Lost Password Register

APD ADV
03-04-2003, 06:03 AM,
APD ADV
Mad Mole
You said you fitted an ADV (automatic diluent valve) on your Inspiration. Which one are you using and why? This is the next change I am looking at. Being from England have you had any hands on with the new APD (Ambient Pressure Diving maker of the Inspiration) ADV?
03-04-2003, 09:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2003, 10:17 AM by DiverMole.)
Re:APD ADV
I have and use both of the Bob Howell ADV's the T piece and the Plug N Play. These are both rebuildable by me and I can adjust the breathing resistance where I want (very stiff)

The APD ADV is only just out, only about 10 folks have them (and all new Inspirations should have them now) so its too early to tell. They look more compact than Bobs, but you cant adjust anything and some bits look a little flimsy

Bobs costs £190 (plus you need the doner reg (LPO)), the APD one £180. I think I would still go for Bobs if buying one for an existing unit, but would definatly make sure any new unit I had had the ADP one from the factory

All 3 work, Its personal choice

Diver Mole
visit
05-05-2003, 11:51 AM,
I just installed the Oxycheq ADV. I tried it out this weekend and loved it. You can control your bouyancy with no hands. I found it even easier to maintain minimum loop volume because you can't overfill the counterlungs using only the ADV to equalize. I would recommend it to any of you other Inspiration divers out there.
05-05-2003, 05:07 PM,
Yep, The Oxycheqe ADV is just a exact copy of Bobs, Same donor Reg (LPO) same shape same curves and everything

Oxycheqe also Copied Bobs/Delta P's 4th cell holder for the VR3
Diver Mole
visit
05-06-2003, 09:24 AM,
The only complaint I have about the unit is the positioning of the hose fitting for the LPO. The fitting is on the inside of the block (towards my head). Even with a swivel mounted it was sticking right into the side of my head. I spun the whole ADV block 180 degrees so the fitting was on the outside. I found it much more comfortable and the shut off valve was easier to reach. The only problem is where the alarm mounts on. There is a groove cut into the block to allow the alarm to fit properly, with the block spun around the alarm doesn't fit quite as nicely. Madmole, have you had any similar experiences?
05-06-2003, 09:29 AM,

Be careful. Bob is adament it needs to be the right way round for the venturi effect of the LPO injecting to suck gas around the loop in the right direction. Mounting it upside down means the diluent is being injected back towards the scrubber. Having said that Dave Thompsons been diving his that way up for 2 years!!!!. Personally My head doesn't touch the hose so mines the right way up

Alarm. When I had the Plug and play ADV I just stuck the alarm on the right T piece instead of the left. I know other folks who just leave it tucked into the case
Diver Mole
visit