Remember me
Lost Password Register

Smith Diving Moving
01-14-2010, 02:56 PM,
Smith Diving Moving
More economic fallout. Smith Diving is moving out of our current location and we’re liquidating our inventory this weekend.  Everything must go.  Huge discounts on everything including the fixtures and a bit of vintage gear and some used gear.

We plan to open up in a new location later in the spring (hopefully the economy will be better by then).  We have had several offers for new space and we’ll let you know more when we have things figured out.  Our plan is to continue to offer classes in the mean-time.  Our trips that are already set for this year will run as booked – We still have space on our June and August Isle Royale trips.  You can continue to contact us through the phone and e-mail on our website or PM me here.  Thanks to the MNSCUBA community for your continuing support, Lee & Sheila
01-14-2010, 03:44 PM,
Re: Smith Diving Moving
I'm sorry to hear this.  Will you still be able to do air fills?  I have almost new cards I just bought this fall.
01-14-2010, 06:02 PM,
OH NO!, hopefully things should pick up this year, economy-wise. (and most importantly diving-wise)  :o
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
01-14-2010, 10:06 PM,
Well Lee and Sheila, You have always offered exceptional service and it is a joy to talk to you both. I wish you all the luck in the future. When you start up again in the spring, there are some brand new malls between Cambridge and Isanti that are sitting vacant and Im sure you could get in there for a song. Besides, its an hour closer to the pits and Superior. The other shops will really have to work hard to match the level of expertise and commitment to the community that you had. Thank you friend, John
01-14-2010, 10:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-14-2010, 10:30 PM by DiverQueen.)
I read somewhere that original owner ran the shop out of the garage, or was that where the pool was?  Don't give up!  Things will get better!  Hope to see you back in a new location soon!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
01-14-2010, 10:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2010, 10:28 AM by mermaid.)
Sorry to see you go Lee and Sheila Sad.  Hope to see you back in the spring! 
01-16-2010, 08:00 AM,
:'(

01-16-2010, 04:13 PM,
We'll be here from 11 - 5 on Sunday so you can stop by after the game (we'll try to have it on here too).  We'll be doing some more discounting on merchandise and display stuff for Sunday.  We've stil got a few B.C.s (especially small & xsmall) and lot's of nice bags.  We've also got an older red 12' zodiac with aluminum floorboards for sale.  Thanks to everyone who has stopped by, we love your support.
01-17-2010, 07:42 PM,
We will be around on Monday from Noon-4:00pm.  Still got some lights, bags, books (log & otherwise) and some great deals on the suits we've got left.
01-20-2010, 11:51 PM,
I just read this and Chris and I are shocked and saddened that you had to close for the winter.  Sounds like the store is closed now?  Sad

We hope to see you back in the spring!
Theresa