Remember me
Lost Password Register

Bailout planning
01-18-2010, 07:36 PM,
Re: Bailout planning

[i][i]The only deep dives I have planned on the CCR post training we each carried bottom mix, with a reliance on the team for intermediate deco mix and O2.  The intermediate mix was 50%, mostly due to convenience.  I did some alternative planning using only 2 mixes, a bottom mix and something like 80% with no O2, to see what volumes would be required.  I was planning for 180 ft for 25 min, with a potential swim at 150-170 for about 10 min to get back to the ascent line given a problem.  Using 80% meant we needed more bottom gas than we each wanted to carry.  This was in a situation with potentially lots of current, so ascending on the mooring line was a key planning point, if at all possible.[/i][/i]

Thanks for the reply Jeff,
IDeco is my friend. Have ran several different scenarios just to see what is needed. I can see that if 80-100% is carried much more bottom gas would be needed. That's when carrying two BO bottles. IE bottom mix and 80%-100% O2.
When you say you were reliant on the team for intermediate/O2 are you saying one diver carried the O2 the other diver the intermediate gas?
I want to be able to carry all my own BO gas and not go with the team concept. Just to be on the safe side. In doing so figure out if I can carry one bottle of bottom mix, along with one of intermediate bottle. The O2 would then be clipped off to the line or hung from the boat.
Of course if not carrying the O2 I won't be able to plug it into my counterlung and inject O2 manually.
All this gas(hopefully) would never be used and is there just for bailout situations.

Later, Al

Messages In This Thread
Bailout planning - by ScubaAl - 01-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Re: Bailout planning - by jleech - 01-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Re: Bailout planning - by ScubaAl - 01-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Re: Bailout planning - by john j - 01-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Re: Bailout planning - by ScubaAl - 01-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Re: Bailout planning - by aknelsonone - 01-22-2010, 09:51 PM