Remember me
Lost Password Register

wear points on wetsuit from BC
06-06-2002, 04:13 AM,
wear points on wetsuit from BC
O.K. it's a given, I've only got a few scuba dives under my weight belt and that was wearing a rented suit 20+ years ago and just a cheap wetsuit last fall- but I'm wondering about wearing my apnea suit with the b.c.  Is there spots on anyones wetsuit that show any wear from the bc?  Or does your wetsuit ever get snagged the least little bit from anything you are wearing?  There is no protective covering on my suit, it's strictly smooth skin outside and very pliable/tearable (not terrible Smile )<br><br>Fred Johnson
Cold and dark down there huh?
06-10-2002, 05:38 AM,
Re: wear points on wetsuit from BC
Well.. I found out this past weekend that my apnea suit should be able take a lot of scuba wear.  The 5mm wet suit from Elios sub didn't tear or nick and kept me dry (and warm).  I was a little fussy on choosing the bc though.. skipped over one that did have a rough spot around the bolt in the middle of the back.  Don't think I'd trust the 3mm suit though...<br><br>I'd still not mind hearing if any of your well worn suits are showing wear points.<br><br>Fred Johnson
Cold and dark down there huh?
06-10-2002, 06:03 AM,
Re: wear points on wetsuit from BC
I have not been diving enough with my new wetsuit so I wouldn't expect any noticable wear. But there is no exposed metal on the BC so I don't expect any noticable wear for many years.<br><br>Talk to a LDS. If there rental suits don't show any wear I would not worry about it.
Leon