Remember me
Lost Password Register

Look at all the people on the list
03-17-2003, 04:55 PM,
Re:Look at all the people on the list
When we dove Okoboji in October of last year , we tended to dive along the old water intake pipes (called simply pipelines)
All the dives we made were from the shoreline. I am not sure exactly where these shore entry spots were but I can certainly
give you a name of the dive shop down there we got acquainted with.
(Blue Water Divers...Web Address: )
Also , look in Past Get Togethers in the Get Togethers archive. Look for the topic: Diving this Saturday November 2nd
This talks about our past trip(s) last year with Jose.
See the previous post by gp. That says it best!

And if Okoboji has open water during that time you are there , you might not be the only ones down there diving.
I have a feeling some others could be (or wanting to) join you (including myself).

Thanks again...Hope this helps...
Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
03-17-2003, 10:11 PM,
I had sent an Email to Jose last fall, and he replied that I should go take a boat trip with Blue Water. We will be staying at West Oaks, which is only about 1/4 mile north of Blue Water and Arnolds Park.

I found maps of all the lakes, with depth, and printed them. That is only one part of the picture. I was looking at the Blue water's site when they had a scuba treasure hunt, and it talked about a sunken Car, and other things to see, but with out the map, they would be tough to find.

We will go see them when we get there, just trying to research a little before we go.
Family of five
All love to dive, Dennie
03-18-2003, 10:43 AM,
I understand the map thing. I would not have been able to find the good divesites around there without being led to them. But its always fun just to wing it too!!!

Tanx...Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
03-18-2003, 02:19 PM,
I am a visual kind of guy. use two sites to print the depth maps of the lakes we visit.
The Iowa on is:

The Minnesota on is:

I have a book made ups with these maps, then when we dive, I can draw in what there is to see. Its a good plan, we will see how good I am at following through with it.

Go take a look, it is fun to envission the bottom of the lake, and how to get to the deeper spots. Wink

I attached the map of West Okoboji for referance.
Family of five
All love to dive, Dennie