Remember me
Lost Password Register

You havent been...Unless youve....
01-27-2010, 05:48 PM,
You havent been...Unless youve....
this is a fun interesting thread Ive done on a fishing forum that got really interesting. ill will start. you can add anything...

you haven't been diving..freediving..etc. until you....

you haven't been spear hunting until you searface and realize a shore bow hunter is aiming at you, and you've got your gun pointed at him!

you haven't been shore diving unless you drive off from your shore spot and realize you  dint have your pants on and left them 10 miles down the highway!(thats what you get for driving in your wetsuit trying to hop spots)

You haven't been freediving unless you randomly bump into two other random groups underwater that you never saw comming!(happened twice Calhoun, Superior)

You haven't been boating or diving with kids unless your under your boat and find a bunch of your tools on the bottom with more sinking by you!
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
01-28-2010, 08:03 PM,
Re: You havent been...Unless youve....
come on chickens rhyme in.

you haven't been shore diving until you get warned that this is a private river.(MN law is clear on public right of way on all waterways. it is clearly public)

you haven't been river diving until you see a guy at the launch get out holding a shotgun with his pockets stuffed with shells falling out.(and private property signs posted all over the place...which is in itself illegal)

you haven't been freediving enough until you realizes the kids you got with are in a breath hold fist fight over who's clam it is(i nearly choked laughing so hard)

you haven't been boating enough until you see an empty boat float by(that has happened 3 times now)

you haven't been boating enough until you blow up 3 new props in 6 trips averaging a prop every other trip!

you haven't been boating enough until you show up at the battery store with 8 deep cycles that you are recycling... and replacing all at the same time!!!(what do you do with those)

you haven't been boating enough until you ask your non boating guest to load your boat.. and he drives it into the launch then the shoreline then Finlay the trailer(totaling the side bunks of the trailer)

....i could go on and on....
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
01-31-2010, 07:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2010, 08:06 PM by DiverQueen.)
Hmmm, I must be doing something wrong.  I get compliments from guys at the boat launch because I and my son can unload the boat at the launch with out tying up and making other people wait for 20 minutes while we put 6 people 2 dogs and 3 coolers onto the dock and into the boat after puting it into the water!  I guess that's because it's just my son and I getting into the boat!  ;D
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
02-01-2010, 03:58 AM,
...ok diverqueen this ones for you..

you havent been boating untill you watch at the boat launch a guy with a 10,000 pound fiberglass boat(30ft) have trouble trying to pull it out with a minivan!.....
02-02-2010, 11:55 AM,
Ok, I'll play.

You haven't been boating until you see someone launch their boat and miss the water by 20 feet! (How they ever got the boat back on the trailer (or into the water) I don't know, I left)
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
02-02-2010, 02:25 PM,
you have not been boating until you seen someone launch their boat and try to motor away only to find out that they did not take the tie downs off the trailer. RIGHT terry, how many drinks
02-02-2010, 03:04 PM,

Hey grumpie, my question for Terry is...how many times has HE done this???
02-02-2010, 03:07 PM,
Here's one I'll admit to.

You haven't been boating till you are in the middle of the lake and realize you forgot to put the plug in because your feet are starting to get wet.

No, I didn't sink the boat - but we may have been close Smile
02-02-2010, 03:18 PM,
I launched a boat once, then beached it to load my gear so others could use the launch.  After I came up from the dive I realized the boat was so full of water that I would sink it if I tried to climb in.  I wound up towing the beast to shore under fin power (about 150 yards) so I could bail it out and drive it back to the launch on the other side of the lake.

Turns out I'd cracked the keel when beaching/loading it and it just filled up during the dive.  It had about an inch to go before the transom swamped.
It’s good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.<br />~Mark Twain
02-02-2010, 03:46 PM,

Hey grumpie,  my question for Terry is...how many times has HE done this???
[

You know sparkies they never tell the truth, like is the power off, just before the big flash and boom./quote]