Remember me
Lost Password Register

Poll: Do you have a permit to carry a concealed weapon
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes we should all carry
50.00%
8 50.00%
no none of us carry
0%
0 0%
I don\'t carry, but don\'t object
50.00%
8 50.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

HOW MANY SCUBA DIVERS HAVE CONCEALED CARRY PERMITS
02-07-2010, 08:10 AM,
HOW MANY SCUBA DIVERS HAVE CONCEALED CARRY PERMITS
YEA.....  I JUST GOT MY PERMIT TO CARRY IN MINNESOTA issed by the Sheriff.

TOOK MY CLASS'S AT BILLS GUN SHOP IN ROBBINSDALE.  Going to go target shoot sometime before the game today.  Many people in the Key's have a carry permit that is good in most of the states, issued out of Fl.  
MN, is still behind the curve.  

In retrospect, I should have taken my training in FL.  and just got the lic there.   Too bad for me, as I could have done it when I was in Fl  for holidays, and saved $50.  

I thought I would ask how many divers up this way, are also licensed to carry.

nicky

LOVE SCUBA DIVERS THAT GO DEEP.   I personally can't go beyond 150, but maybe someday.
02-07-2010, 08:25 AM,
Re: HOW MANY SCUBA DIVERS HAVE CONCEALED CARRY PERMITS
It strikes me odd that this would be an "all or none" type of question.  Personally, I don't carry and don't forsee a need in the near future, but I also don't object that you or someone else does or would want to.
It’s good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.<br />~Mark Twain
02-07-2010, 08:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2010, 08:29 AM by JointVentureDive.)
good point.  I did not think this out, I will see if I can modify the survey.,

Mr. Baker, or Mr. Lonnie
MAYBE THE ADMINISTRATOR CAN MODIFY THE POST FOR ME..  TO inlude:
No I don't carry but, wouldn't object to others right to carry...

Nicky
LOVE SCUBA DIVERS THAT GO DEEP.&nbsp;&nbsp; I personally can't go beyond 150, but maybe someday.
02-07-2010, 08:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2010, 08:58 AM by DetectorGuy.)
I would love to have a permit to carry but then I would need to have a registered gun. I wonder if they could "rent registered guns" out to you when you get the permit so that when the government knocks on your door to "collect all the registered guns" you could just hand them the rented gun. They would be on their way, and you would still have the right to bear (non-registered) arms. (By the way I was just kidding about the rented gun thing). Without sounding paranoid, we as a society do need to be careful about what our government needs to know about who has these registered guns. There will come a day (maybe way down the road) when this seemingly "good thing" of having a permit will backfire on us.

I love the idea of everyone packing heat. Instant and irreversible justice.
02-07-2010, 09:18 AM,

Need!

I have seriously considered mounting an assult rifle on my deck. .. and that is purely defensive driving on Lake minnetonka.

Also of Recommendation you ever see the Law lean back and flash there Heat. to maintain the peace! there is the reverse also. .. Chrome plated Mag side arm plainly displayed maintains the Peace and law for the everyday commoner.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
02-07-2010, 10:36 AM,
An armed society is a polite society.
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
02-07-2010, 10:37 AM,
I was the 6th person in the state of North Dakota to get a concealed permit.. I don't remember the year.. maybe 25 years ago..  I have just recently let it lapse and if I renew it, it will be a permit from Utah that has reciprocity with many more states.  I use to carry all the time, but after taking karate classes, I quit for some years.  Then about 10 years ago after episode happened and after a discussion with my wife, we decided I would carry again.  Now, I don't carry so much on my person, but don't cross me.. Wink you never know.

The trouble with the permit now is that it has become something that is only available to people with the finances to take the class, pay the annual or bi-annual fees to keep it going, etc. etc.. so now, only those with the means have the right to protect themselves so I guess by not renewing it, I'm protesting a bit.  (and yes, I do have the means to keep my permit up).  Just think, the 1st few years I had my permit it was $2 to renew it and that was every 2 years!  And I paid $25 to an instructor to take the course.

I'm of the Uncle Ted Nugent mindset that EVERY LAW ABIDING CITIZEN has the right to protect themselves by any means, and to me, that means that EVERY LAW ABIDING CITIZEN has the right to carry, whether they have a piece of paper that says so or not.

Here's a thought.. there are some over 6000 permits issued in the state of North Dakota.. a state with 600,000 people.  Chances are 1 in 100 someone will have the means to protect themselves and those around them.  Makes me feel good.

Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
02-07-2010, 10:44 AM,
here's what Uncle Teddy has to say:

Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
02-07-2010, 12:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2010, 01:06 PM by mermaid.)
We don't hear enough about crimes being prevented because someone else WAS carrying a concealed gun (packing heat). 

IMHO, I believe that all citizens should be able to protect themselves, wherever they are, but some people don't think so:

02-07-2010, 03:57 PM,
Something smells a little funny.  What's with all the hot button posts?

Detector guy,

You don't need to register handguns here (and you could carry a long gun with a permit if you really wanted to).  As long as you don't buy more than 1 in a week or you buy them from different places, no record is ever supposed to be made.  I don't believe the NICS check even has a serial number as part of it.