Remember me
Lost Password Register

Poll: Do you have a permit to carry a concealed weapon
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes we should all carry
50.00%
8 50.00%
no none of us carry
0%
0 0%
I don\'t carry, but don\'t object
50.00%
8 50.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

HOW MANY SCUBA DIVERS HAVE CONCEALED CARRY PERMITS
02-08-2010, 08:37 AM,
Re: HOW MANY SCUBA DIVERS HAVE CONCEALED CARRY PERMITS
NETIM,
Thank you for the great link above. 

In Florida, a number of years ago, before the right to carry a concealed weapon, there were a lot of drug related robberies.  Well, the crime rate dropped significantly after the law went into effect.

ALSO..... many boaters were being hyjacked by Pirates.  They would pull up to the boat and either rob you or take your boat and make you get into a dingy, or  worst yet, people never came back home.  Recreationalboating and recreational diving really dropped off a period of time.  I remember when I was a kid, that my dad always had a shot gun and a hand gun in the boat whenever we went fishing or diving, or cruising.

Nicky
LOVE SCUBA DIVERS THAT GO DEEP.   I personally can't go beyond 150, but maybe someday.
02-08-2010, 10:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2010, 10:30 AM by Shooter.)
You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers.  >Big Grin I am  with uncle Ted on this one

I have had my conceal and carry permit going back to about 1992. When the law was past, I even got interviewed by Kare 11 about my permit. They were calling up sign shops to see how many of them were making the banned guns on these premises signs. I told them I hadn't made any but I had one on my door that welcomes concealed weapons. They sent a crew out to interview me that day. 8) 8). I think that was my 15 seconds of fame :Smile

Attached Files
.jpg   marko.jpg (Size: 200.56 KB / Downloads: 63)
.jpg   uncle%2520ted.jpg (Size: 25.58 KB / Downloads: 61)
.jpg   marko.jpg (Size: 200.56 KB / Downloads: 63)
.jpg   uncle%2520ted.jpg (Size: 25.58 KB / Downloads: 61)
02-08-2010, 11:22 AM,
What if I don't want to hide it? The term "concealed" implies, anything not hidden is legal.

Shooter made a point to me a long time ago so I have tools now. What constitutes 'concealed'? Can I just have it in my drysuit bag?

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
02-08-2010, 11:24 AM,
That's another reason this seems fishy.  Anyone who has taken the class recently should be well aware of the fact that the MN permit is a permit to carry.  It has nothing to do with concealment.  If you want to open carry, you are within your rights.
02-08-2010, 01:36 PM,

You can carry it in your drysuit bag as long as it is secured and the gun is unloaded.. as per the mn law that says it has to be in a secured box or case.  Glove box = concealed.  In north dakota, in a vehicle, you can just have it laying on the seat of the car or you can wear it on the outside of clothing.. holster, etc. without a permit.  In north dakota, if the laws haven't changed over time, anything not hidden is legal... but when you cross the border to minnesota, another case of geography creating a criminal  :Smile, you must have it in a case... dang, I hate stopping in the middle of the red river bridge!!!

Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
02-09-2010, 06:31 AM,

You're welcome Nicky.  Another good site is the TX Dept of Public Safety.  There is a link there to several years of stats, compiled by the state of TX, comparing the crimes committed by permit holders vs the general public in the state of TX.  VERY eye opening!  Kinda shuts up the "NRA cooks the numbers" crowd. 

Another great site is:   One point this guy makes is that a person is MUCH more likely to be attacked by an alligator than by a permit holder in FL.  (Another state where wholesale slaughter was predicted by the opposition when CCW was first proposed.)  Smile
02-09-2010, 12:29 PM,
Don't mind people carrying but should keep it conceled. Showing it off could cause more problems. If I were in a place and was going to do something and I see someone showing off his gun my first action would be to cap them first elimate a potentional threat first. Just my veiw
02-09-2010, 12:37 PM,

It is illegal for a concealed weapon to be visible...
Cold and dark down there huh?
02-09-2010, 02:32 PM,

If that's about my Q to show it off it wasn't for the local steak house but remote locations when harsh language isn't effective. Wolfs are one that hardly listen to campers instructions. The other is obvious to anyone who watched a wilderness kidnapping movie.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
02-09-2010, 02:39 PM,

Like when your hiking and you hear banjo music